19 - Confrontation

"What? Slow down and repeat." Bruce is sitting up in bed. Clark's eyes are wide, he registered every word. Tim takes a deep breath, "I saw Dick and Jason fucking in the showers in the batcave. I'm a little overwhelmed, I don't really know how to process this. They're both like brothers to me and Dick is cheating on Kori and - and" Tim started panicking.

Bruce scoops him up, like he used to do when Tim was a brand new Robin and had nightmares about Scarecrow and the Joker. He strokes his back until he calms down. Tim is asleep when Bruce stops. He and Clark creep out of bed. "Always knocks him out when he has panic attacks." Bruce whispers. "Lets sleep in your room. We'll deal with the boys in the morning."
Neither of them really slept.

. . .

On the way to breakfast they rush Damian and Tim along. Grabbing Dick and Jason and escorting them to an empty room with a lockable door as soon as they got the younger two to the kitchen. They'd give them the small dignity of privacy, even if they didn't deserve it. Dick and Jason look at each other. Both uncomfortable being near each other. Their hearts freshly broken from trying to deal with the memories of last night and the fact that for the good of their family they can never be together.  Jason looking at Dick with the same look he'd given him when he begged him to forget about Bruce and run away with him the first time they ended their relationship. Dick's eyes swimming with pain and resolve, the same as that night when he broke both of their hearts.
     "Dick. Tim has never given me a reason to doubt him. So I trust that what he told me you two were doing last night is true. And I have to say I'm disgusted with you. Why would you cheat on Kori? If Jason is who you really want to be with, why not do the right thing and leave her?"

Bruce glares at the two men before him. Dick sweating anxiously and Jason scowling. "You won't understand Bruce." Dick sighs, glaring back.

"You're a cheater. I failed in raising you. What's to understand?" Dick pulls his own hair in frustration. "It's not that simple!"

"Of course it is! What excuse could you possibly have?" Bruce raises his voice at Dick. 
    Dick throws his hands in the air and raises his voice right back, "So you'd be fine with me sleeping with my adopted brother as long as I'm not cheating?? Funny, you put so much pressure on us to look as normal as possible for the public eye that I could've sworn that you'd disown me for something like that! I was afraid if I dated Jason you'd hate me, since you see us all as your sons. And Bruce, you're the only family besides Jay, Tim and Damian I have left. I couldn't risk losing you. You're my dad!" Dick lowers his voice. "You think I wanted to hurt Kori? No. But I'll never need her the way I need Jay. I don't know how to deal with what I've done but I wasn't going to keep it from her, I'm not a monster. Even if Jay and I hadn't ended up fucking in your stupid Batcave I was going to leave her because she deserves someone who can love her and only her. Just seeing Jay again made me confront the fact that I was only engaged to her because it's what I thought you'd want! Because it's what she wanted!" A few tears slide down Dick's face. Angry and sad all at the same time, he turns and punches a wall. His head hangs and shoulders shake as he suppresses sobs. Jason wraps an arm around him and pulls him in for a one armed hug as he rubs his temple. 

   "Well? Gonna say anything Bruce?" Jason glares at him. 

Bruce shakes his head and sighs. "I've known since you guys defiled my batmobile that you saw each other as more than brothers. Dick's hacking stood out in the system and Alfred had to clean up the mess you left on the hood." Both of them turned red. Alfred was the last person they'd want knowing about their sex lives. "You're not actually related, and it would honestly be slightly beneficial in drawing attention away from who you are at night." Bruce sighs and wraps both of them up in a hug. "I love you boys, there's very little you could do to make me disown you. And your love life isn't one of those things. You'll always be my sons, no matter what. I know I haven't been the best dad but I promise I'll always love you." The three of them hugged for a while, even Jason let his scowl slip as he held them both.