10 - Fly With Me

He finds Bruce on the roof when he flies back. He lands beside him, sweaty with anxiety. "Bruce.." He says quietly. Bruce turns to him and his smile seems tense. "Clark! How did you find me? Enjoying the party?" 

     Clark takes Bruces hands, "Lucky guess. And no, you vanished. It's just weird being there without you." He doesn't let Bruce excuse or explain his actions. "Bruce, before we do or say anything else I have a confession. I don't know if what we have is meant to be more than a fling but even so I feel awful." Bruce raises an eyebrow and Clark takes a deep breath. "I kissed Batman. Twice. And I feel just awful about it. I don't want to hurt you or use you. I have feelings for you! I'm so sorry, I-" Bruce takes Clarks face in his hands and Clarks stops rambling. 

    "We haven't made what we have here exclusive yet, Clark. So it's okay with me that you kissed some weirdo in a bat costume. It wouldn't have been if you kept it secret and we started going steady. So I appreciate the honesty. As for your feelings for me, dating me is hard. I work a lot and I'll never be able to promise to be anywhere at anytime. I often have to dissapear at the worst times. I just need to know if we take this further than what we already are that you can accept that. Can you Clark?" 

     His eyes pin Clark in place. Grey blue pools of desire and fear, love and loneliness, eagerness and terror. Clark nods and takes Bruces hands from his face, "Of course I can. Only if you can accept the same of me. Journalism and super heroics tend to take me far and keep me busy. Bruce, will you do me the honor of being my boyfriend, for better or worse?" He smiles, that adorable awkward smile, at his goofy grandious wording. 

 "Yes." Bruce laughs and Clark hovers, hand out, "Will you fly with me?" 

Bruce doesn't have to say a thing as he takes Clarks hand and lets him pull him into his arms. Up and up they fly. Clark doesn't miss that twinkle in his eye as he looks down. He zips cross the sky, getting a scream of delight from Bruce. He looks him in the eyes and grins, "My little adrenaline junky." 

   "My big blue boy scout." Their lips meet and they hold each other close, dancing across the clouds. With no one but the moon to see them.