22 - Conner

Alfred picks them up and Jason and Dick scramble up towards the front of the limo. They push their hands through the limos divider to show Alfred. They see his eyes widen and a smile spread across his face. "Congratulation's boys! You'll have to let me getter a better look back at the manor." 

   Dick and Jason snuggle the whole way home, brainstorming wedding ideas. "What about a floral theme? Or maybe a beach wedding?" Dick throws out ideas, eyes staring into the distance as he pictures his ideas. Jason slides his hand down  from Dick's side to grab his thigh. He looks up at Jason, cheeks turning red. "Calm yourself Jay." He whispers. "Where do you want to honeymoon?" Jason changes the subject and kisses Dick's forehead.

    "Hawaii? Maybe Paris? Greece could be fun!" Dick chatters on and on, his beauty only enhanced by his excitement. Jason will be happy anywhere Dick is happy."

    "Do you two have any plans for kids?" Clark asks. Dick and Jason make eye contact.  Silently they both recalls Dick's confession. Dick's heart races and he nervously chews his lip. "I want to, one day. but not yet. After what I did I definitely need to work on myself before I risk ruining a kids life." Jason takes his hand and squeezes it. "We can wait however long you need."

    Clark looks at Bruce, day dreaming briefly about what a baby of theirs could look like in an alternate universe. "Clark? You okay?" He blinks and blushes, realizing that Bruce had probably asked him something. "Sorry, uh what, what did you say?" Everyone laughs and Bruce leans in, tilting Clark's face to him. "I asked," He purrs. "if you ever wanted to clone a baby with me." Clark's face is so red, mouth moving silently. They all chuckle at his expense again. 

      A  "... yes.." quietly escapes his mouth. Bruce stops. They stare at each other for a moment. Then Clark covers his mouth, realizing that was out loud. "Fuck! I- I didn't mean to say that out loud!" Bruce is starting to blush too, and takes Clark's hand. They hold hands and look away from each other, both too shy to take the conversation farther. Damian screws his face up in disgust.

    "Father, would you seriously replace me with a half breed?" Bruce glares disapprovingly at Damian. "If Clark and I ever had a new child it wouldn't replace you. It would be an addition to our family. And half breed, really? Bigotry is disgusting and classless. If you expect to be the next Batman you better fix your attitude." Clark smiles at Damian and pats his shoulder. "You've seen that your father is more than capable of loving all of you, another child wouldn't change that." 

   Damian scoffs, "TT I know that. If he stopped loving anyone it would be that pain, Jason." Jason slowly raises his middle fingers at Damian. Damian looks a little ashamed when Clark realizes what his issue is. "Is this about your inheritance?" Clark's disapproving look makes Damian look away.  "Oh good, we're here." As soon as they pull past the gate Damian leaps out of the sun roof and run off. They finally pull in in front of the manor. Once they're parked Jason and Dick jump out and sprint to Alfred's side. "Look!" Dick holds out his hand, Jason following suit. 

      Alfred eyes well with happy tears, they stream down his cheeks as he hugs the two of them. "I am so happy! I was so worried that I'd never live to see any of you find happiness." Bruce smiles, and watches them hug. Then Tim taps his shoulder. "Hey, Bruce?" He turns, "Yes, Tim? Something on your mind?" 

     Tim shrugs. "Not exactly, just thought I'd let you know I'm heading back to my team. Conner is flying in* to pick me up. I've been away too long." Bruce nods, hugging Tim and ruffling his hair. "Make sure Conner and you come say goodbye before you leave." With a nod, Tim heads in to pack. Clark has been chatting with Jason, while Dick and Alfred put the limo away, so he didn't hear Tim say Conner is coming. Bruce decides not to tell him, he'll just stress out if he knows.  Instead he walks up and takes his hand as Jason explains, "-and that's how my exploding Red Hood helmet works." Clark looks alarmed and Jason runs off before Clark can mother hen him about wearing explosives on his head.