24 - Yes!

After a hearty homemade breakfast that Ma and Clark made, Bruce and Clark spend the day helping Pa. Clark had tried giving Bruce a tour, but after the animals there wasn't much to see on the farm. So they moved hay from the feilds to the barn, and helped tend the animals, and the crops. By the end of the day they were much too tired to drive back. Bruce seemed very happy, although he was tired and wearing some of Clark's old clothes. 

    Ma had made pork chops, mashed potatoes, gravy and peas. Simple but hearty food. Bruce ate two helpings, which he noticed made Ma happy. He knew their real names, but they'd insisted he only call them Ma and Pa. So of course he obliged.

     Now it was once again night and he and Clark were cuddling on a blanket in the flower feild. Clark nuzzles Bruce's neck and giggles. "It's weird, even after showering you smell like feilds and hay and cow instead of fancy soap and cologne. It's different, but I like it." Bruce smiles and nuzzles Clark back, "I've never seen you like you were today. Our day time villain fighting is always so brief. But it's like you absorbed the sunlight and lit up, the longer you were outside the more radiant you became. And the way you looked with sweat rolling down your muscles. You looked like a god." Bruce growls and grins. 

    Clark laughs, a blush creeping up his neck. The laugh was too loud and a possum startles nearby. Clark sees her run past with her litter. He's silent, a dreamy far away look in his eyes. "Hey Bruce? What do you want from our future?" Bruce is startled by the abrupt change of conversation. "Um, I don't really know. A wedding? You to officially move in with me and drop the journalist stuff you've been taking off to do.-" Clark turns to Bruce and quietly manages, "What about kids?" 

   Clark looks scared and hopeful, hands trembling ever so slightly. Bruce takes his hands and smiles. "If you want to clone a baby with me, or adopt, or get a surrogate- I'm one million percent for it." Bruce is enveloped in Clark's embrace as he finishes speaking. Almost smothered in his hug. 

   After getting him to loosen the hug, Bruce can see tears on Clark's smiling face. "I'm so happy Bruce, I've never been a dad the way I wanted to. And maybe, maybe a baby brother will help Con bond with me. Not that I'll assign that responsibility to a kid! It's just a maybe. Cus maybe with someone we both love present, there won't be so much tension. Maybe we can bond over activities together and find some common ground." Clark looks so hopeful. So beautiful. Etheral even in the starlight. Bruce can't help but kiss him. Clark kisses him back, that smile still plastered on his face.

     "Ready to go in?" Bruce asks, rubbing Clark's inner thigh suggestivley. Clark nods, but as Bruce stands he stays down on his knees. Bruce lifts an eyebrow, "Okay if you want to do it out here." He says, shrugging and unzipping his pants. 

    And then he sees the ring box in Clark's hand. 

He quickly zips back up again and turns redder than should be humanly possible. "I misread the situation!" He shouts, and then realizing he's being too loud, he covers his face and groans. "Fuck." But Clark is laughing. Holding his sides, he laughs so hard he stops making sound. His shoulders quake while he tries to suppress his laughter, tears running down his face from laughing much.

  "It's o- okay." He manages, opening the box and smiling up at Bruce. "Will you marry me?" Bruce gapes, looking from the beautiful ring (the gold one) to Clark. With tears silently streaming down his face, he says the most important words he'll ever say. "Yes. Yes!" 

   Clark is overwhelmed, he stands up and pulls Bruce in for a kiss. Slowly, they separate and open their eyes. Clark takes Bruce's hand and slides the ring on, trembling slightly as he holds back happy tears. "I love you Bruce Wayne-Kent. More than anything." Bruce pulls him into another kiss. "I love that name." 

. . .

   After waving goodbye to Ma and Pa, who were both joyfully crying and honored Clark chose to pop the question there at home, they drove back to the manor.  Stopping on the way at a jewelry store for about an hour while Bruce picks out the perfect ring for Clark. (the silver one)

. . .

    Dick is bent over in the kitchen, wearing some Aqua man themed shorts (a gag gift from Aqualad) when Jason grabs his ass with both hands. "Jay!" He squeals, almost dropping the chips he was trying to get out. Jason slides his hands up and around his waist, hugging Dick close and grinding against his ass. "Yes cutie?" He teases. 

    "Jason, behave. We eat here." 

    They both spin, Jason jumping back and Dick almost falling over, to see Bruce standing behind them. Clark peeks over his shoulder and waves. "Hey dad." Dick tries to be casual, when he notices the ring glittering on Bruce's finger. "OHMYGOD!!" He launches himself across the room to hug Bruce and reaches for Clark. "Superman is my stepdad!!" 

    Jason shoots them a thumbs up and snaps a picture, having pulled his phone out so fast it looked like it was appearing in his hand. "I let Damian and Timbo know." He says, before getting pulled into the hug. Alfred pops in from cleaning to greet them when he too is yanked into the hug.

   "My word! What has gotten into you all?" 

  Bruce manages to show him the ring and Alfred freezes for a few seconds before warning Bruce, "Don't mess this up."  Then he hugs him tightly. "I am so happy for you, Master Bruce." They hug for several moments longer before Jason, Dick and Alfred run off, the boys to get dressed and Al to work. Clark fires off the picture Jason took, a quick explanation and a promise to let her get the exclusive interview to Lois. 

     Damian video calls without warning while they wait for the boys to come downstairs. "What was the proposal like?" He inquires. Clark and Bruce smile awkwardly. "We were stargazing on the Kent's farm, and when I was standing up to go in, I turn around and he's on his knees. And he proposes." Damian narrows his eyes. "You left something out." Bruce rolls his eyes but answers honestly, "When I first turned around I thought he was offering a sexual act. Happy now?" Damian's face is contorted with disgust. "I should not have asked. Good bye Father, good bye Step Father." He hangs up.

    Clark hugs Bruce and smiles. Life is Perfect.

How could it get any better?