Chapter 7

⟹⧪⧪⧪⟸

⟹⧪⧪⧪⟸

"I can't believe we are having a ball!" Katherine squealed. "I've always wanted to go to that sort of thing! Are you gonna ask Cho?"

"Yea, but I don't know how to?" Cedric sighed as he watched Cho talk to her friends in the dining hall.

"All you have to do is ask her. I know she likes you. Cho is always looking your way," Katherine looked over at George, who was with his Gryffindor friends.

Alicia Spinnet seemed to be close to him. She was giving him this look as he talked. This made Katherine feel a twinge in her heart. Katherine watched Alicia hit George's shoulder when he said something. The jealous Hufflepuff scoffed at Alicia's actions and picked at her food.

Fred noticed Katherine's stares at Alicia and his twin. Fred looked at George, who was talking to Alicia and Angelina Johnson. Alicia was flirting madly with his twin. It was to the point where Fred wanted to throw up at how desperate the girl was being.

"So Georgie, who are you going to take to the Yule Ball?" Fred asked, butting into the conversation. Alicia sent him a glare.

"I don't know. I was thinking Katherine," George answered. He looked at the Hufflepuff table and smiled. "Yeah, definitely Katherine."

"Why would you go with that Hufflepuff?" Alicia laughed. "She's a total pushover."

"Alicia, you don't know her, so will you shut your mouth?" Fred raised his voice. He didn't know why he was feeling so strongly towards the insults at Katherine.

"No need to be mean, Fred," Alicia rolled her eyes.

After breakfast, Katherine walked to DADA with Cedric and the twins. The whole time Fred would nudge George closer to Katherine. Cedric caught on to what he was doing and started to whisper something to Fred. The twin eagerly nodded. Cedric and Fred tiptoed behind the lovebirds and broke into a run. Katherine heard the pattering of feet, causing her to turn around.

"George! Those gits left us!" Katherine said with an amused look on her face.

"Well, now we can be alone," George teased, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Oh, be quiet!" Katherine said. When she turned away from George, she smiled.

Katherine and George talked about the twins' prank creations. George told her about Ton-Tongue Toffee. He told Katherine about Fred and himself giving one to Harry's rude cousin. It caused his tongue to grow about four feet. When they entered the classroom, the pair saw Fred and Cedric. Katherine and George gave each other a look and nodded. They grabbed a book and hit Fred and Cedric in the back of the head.

"Bloody hell! What was that for?" Fred yelled, rubbing the crown of his head.

"It's for leaving us!" Katherine laughed. Suddenly, Mad-Eye barged into the room.