Chapter 68

⟹⧪⧪⧪⟸

⟹⧪⧪⧪⟸

Katherine laughed as she splashed Fleur with salty water. Fleur returned the favor by pushing Katherine underwater. When Katherine came back up, she gagged at the salty taste in her mouth and tackled Fleur. The two began to wrestle playfully and dragged each other to the shore. There they made a sandcastle with the help of magic. The sandcastle had many levels and engravings with decorations.

    After they finished the castle, Katherine and Fleur walked along the beach and collected shells. Katherine found a beautiful conch shell that was white with brown dots. The girls ran back to their sandcastle and placed the shell on top of the castle. Bill came out with sandwiches, and the group ate. When the food was gone, Bill joined the girls in the water. Big waves were coming in, and Katherine was ecstatic.

    Katherine had never been to a beach before. Sure she had been to the Black Lake, but that was it. In their second year, Cedric taught Katherine how to swim. They didn't go out too far, but just enough to where Katherine couldn't reach. During that time, Katherine was petrified, but Cedric kept her afloat. That was one of Katherine's favorite memories with Cedric.

    She wondered what he would say now with all this chaos going around. Cedric would probably be appalled. He hated fighting and anything to do with blood supremacy. Cedric was the most fair, kind, and loving human Katherine had ever met. He was nice to everyone he met, even if they disliked him. Cedric was the pure embodiment of what a Hufflepuff should be.

    Katherine's thoughts were disturbed by a huge wave crashing down on her. The water made her flush several flips underwater, causing the liquid to go up her nose. When the water allowed Katherine to resurface, she coughed and sneezed repeatedly. Bill and Fleur began to laugh at her making Katherine want vengeance. When the couple wasn't looking, Katherine stealthily tiptoed over to them and pushed them underwater.

    Bill came back up first with a smile that said payback. Katherine knew what this meant and bolted out of the water. Bill was athletic, so it was easy for him to catch Katherine. When he did, Bill grabbed her by the hand and dragged her where the water met the sand. He picked Katherine up from her underarms and threw her face-first into a wave. Fleur held her belly as she laughed at what just happened.

    Katherine crawled to the shore and got her wand which she stuck into the sandcastle. She pointed it at Bill and cast a water charm. Bill was sprayed with cold water making him yell things that Katherine couldn't quite make out. He ran to get his wand and used the water-repelling charm to clock Katherine's spell. The two began to have a friendly duel with Fleur on the sidelines watching.

    Several jinxes were thrown around. Bill got Katherine with the tickling charm and then lifted her in the air. Katherine shot back with the spell, Cantis, which makes the victim sing. A few more spells were cast until Katherine got Bill with the leg-locking jinx. Bill instantly fell to the floor, and for good measure, Katherine ran over and grabbed his wand. Katherine began to dance around the Weasley in victory.