Chapter 58

⟹⧪⧪⧪⟸

⟹⧪⧪⧪⟸

"So, are you gonna stay on this watch when Emmeline comes back?" Katherine asked Tonks as they walked the Muggle Minister to his hair appointment.

    "I don't know," Tonks shrugged. "Maybe I will. When I do this, I get to spend time with you."

    "Aww!" Katherine pulled her into a hug. "I love you, Tonksy!"

    Tonks chuckled. "Love you too, Kari."

    Tonks, Katherine, pay attention!" Kingsley reprimanded.

    "Sorry!" the girls said in unison.

    Katherine and Tonks looked around with amazement. The barbershop had several chairs and mirrors. The Minister was greeted by everyone in the shop and was instantly placed in a chair. The barber started to take the scissors Blair's head and snipped away. Katherine gaped at the man's movements and how simple cutting looked. It made Katherine want to cut her hair without using magic.

    After the Minister finished, the Guard walked out of the building with Blair in the middle of them. They couldn't drive with the Minister anymore. Kingsley feared they would attack while they were in the car, causing a car accident. Apparently, that was one of the leading causes of death for Muggles. Anyway, the Guard was now apparating to the places they needed to go. When they did this, the Guard would go into abandoned alleyways and buildings.

    Right now, they were walking to the closet alleyway. Kingsley and Hestia went first, making sure that no one was there. When they saw the coast was clear, they waved Tonks, Katherine, and the Minister over. Tonks stood in front of the man while Katherine stood behind him. Hestia and Kingsley watched behind the others just to make sure Death Eaters didn't attack. Suddenly a scream echoed through the alleyway. Katherine, Blair, and Tonks turned to see Hestia wriggling on the floor.

    Katherine turned to Tonks. "Take the Minister and apparate somewhere!"

    "No! I'm going to stay and fight!" Tonks protested.

    "Tonks, we need to keep him safe! When you get the Minister somewhere, you can come back!" Katherine yelled over the screams. "But for now, get him somewhere safe!"

    Tonks looked at the fight then back at her cousin. She grabbed the Muggle and apparated, giving Katherine some time to breathe. Katherine turned to the battle and saw Hestia back on her feet, sending spells to Amycus Carrow while Kingsley took on Alecto and Bellatrix. Katherine ran to Kingsley's side and smirked at Bellatrix.

    "Where's my wand?" Bellatrix snapped.

    "Right here!" Katherine dug in her pocket, pulled the ugly stick, and tossed it to Bellatrix. "Now we can have an even fight!"

    "Everte Statum!"

    Katherine easily blocked the spell and sent her share of jinxes Bellatrix's way. It seemed Bellatrix was having the time of her life when battling who she considered a blood traitor. Katherine thrived on the intensity of the duel. Then she remembered what happened with George and her adrenaline turned into anger.

    "This is for George—Flipendo Maxima!" Bellatrix flew back and hit the wall.

    "Who? One of the Weasley twins?" Bellatrix condescendingly asked. "Ah yes, I remember throwing him against a brick wall several times. Filthy Blood—"

    "Crucio!" Bellatrix instantly screamed at the top of her lungs. Katherine smirked at the sight. "Karma's a real pain, isn't it, Bellatrix? This is how your victims felt! You call us filth, but you're the real disgrace! You dirty all things that have to do with wizards!"

    Katherine held onto the spell until she was grabbed from behind. She recognized the brute strength that had her. Katherine moved her elbow to hit the captor's face. The man groaned and let go of Katherine. She turned around and saw Greyback. Katherine made sure to cast the body binding curse on Bellatrix to prevent the witch from attacking when Katherine wasn't expecting it.

    "Little lady knows how to defend herself," Greyback snickered, rubbing his jaw. "Now, let's play."

    "Impedimenta!"

    Greyback immediately slowed down but not for long. Spells didn't work that well on someone who was a werewolf. Greyback lunged at Katherine, but she threw a protection charm over herself, making him bounce backward. Katherine cast the Impediment charm once more, giving her time to think of a good spell to throw at Greyback.

    "Expulso!"

    Greyback flew several feet away when he was hit by the explosion that came out of Katherine's wand. Katherine focused on the Carrows. It was apparent that Hestia was getting tired from her sluggish movements. Katherine made sure Bellatrix and Greyback were still out of it. When it was confirmed they were not a possible threat, Katherine pointed her wand at Amycus.

    "Stupefy!"

    Amycus flew back a couple of inches with her eyes closed. His sister glared at Katherine, who wasn't looking his way. Alecto pointed her wand, and a green light was about to shoot out at Katherine, but Kingsley stopped the Death Eater before she could form the words. Kingsley stunned Alecto and rushed to Hestia, who looked like she was about to pass out. Suddenly, Tonks apparated back in the alleyway. She pulled her wand out but put it down when she saw the unconscious bodies around her mates.

    "Aw, man!" Tonks whined. "You guys should've waited for me!"

    Katherine laughed. "Sorry, but we wanted to live."

    "So, are we gonna bring them in?" Tonks asked.

    "You're not bringing any of us in," a shrill voice said. Katherine turned around and saw Bellatrix limping towards her fellow Death Eaters.

    "Are you delusional?" Tonks chuckled. "You think you can take us on?"

    "SHUT UP!" Bellatrix screamed. Katherine took it she didn't like to be insulted by the family she abandoned. "YOU DON'T GET TO INSULT ME!"

    "Jeez," Katherine snickered. "Someone didn't get their whittle nap!"

    "I'll kill you," Bellatrix pointed her pale finger at Katherine, then directed it at Tonks. "And you. I'll show you what happens to Blood Traitors like you and your parents!"

    Suddenly, Bellatrix flicked her wand, and black smoke appeared. Kingsley, Katherine, Tonks, and Hestia tried to send a spell at Bellatrix, but it was no use. Bellatrix had already vanished with the rest of her crew. Tonks cursed under her breath when the smoke disappeared and saw they had gone away. Kingsley told them he was going to check on Blair and apparated with Hestia following. Tonks and Katherine apparated to the Burrow.

    Katherine was excited to get to the house. George was discharged from St Mungos, meaning no more flirty Healer. A day before George was allowed to go home, the woman asked for his address so they would send letters. Katherine held her tongue, remembering that she was a nice girl that didn't lash out at people, but it was so hard. When George said he was engaged, the Healer said she didn't care and kept asking.

    Katherine had to walk out of the room when the woman did that. She was trying to summon her inner Hufflepuff, but it was so hard. George ended up coming out of the room a second later with a mischievous smile and asking if she was jealous. Katherine rolled her eyes and went to the fireplace. They went home via Floo Powder, and Katherine ignored him the rest of the day. Even when George played minor pranks to get her to laugh, she would turn away. The next day Katherine finally caved in and cuddled with him on the couch the whole day.