Chapter 21

⟹⧪⧪⧪⟸

⟹⧪⧪⧪⟸

"What is this meeting about again?" Katherine asked.

    She, Fred, George, and Lee were walking through Hogsmeade. The twins had told Katherine about a meeting at Hogs Head. Hermione had secretly spread the word about it. Only Gryffindors, Hufflepuffs, and Ravenclaws were allowed.

    "It's for DADA. Some sort of retaliation for Umbridge not teaching us what we need to be taught," Fred explained.

    Katherine nodded as they entered the pub. The twins went to the bar to order Butterbeer for everyone while Lee and Katherine found seats. Hermione, Ron, and Harry were seated in front of the crowd. Hermione nervously looked around. She was a brilliant girl but was nervous when it came to speaking to big groups. When Fred and George came back with the drinks, Hermione started to talk.

    "Er," Hermione's voice was higher than usual due to her nervousness. "Well—er—hi."

    The group had Hermione's attention, even when people stole glances at Harry, making him look down.

    "Well...erm...well, you know why you're here. Erm...well, Harry here had the idea—I mean I had the idea—" Hermione said as Harry shot her a glare—" That it might be good if people who wanted to study Defense Against the Dark Arts—and I mean, really study it, you know, not the rubbish that Umbridge is teaching us because nobody could call that Defense Against the Dark Arts—"

    "Hear, hear!" Anthony Goldstein cheered, which made Hermione look more relaxed.

    "—well, I thought it would be good if we, well, took matters into our own hands," She paused and looked at Harry. "And by that, I mean learning how to defend ourselves properly, not just theory but real spells—"

    "You want to pass your DADA O.W.L. too, though, I bet?" Micheal Corner said. George scowled at him, part of the reason being he was Ginny's boyfriend.

    "Of course I do, Hermione responded quickly. "But I want more than that. I want to be properly trained in Defense because...because..." Hermione took a deep breath and finished, "because Lord Voldermort's back."

    Everyone looked at each other. A few girls, including Cho's friends, shrieked. Terry Boot twitched at the name, Padma Patil shuddered, and Neville gave a yelp that he tried to cover as a cough. Katherine looked at Neville and remembered his Mum from the Pensieve memory. She felt a wave of sympathy rush over her. All of them looked eagerly at Harry, waiting for him to say something.

    "Well... that's the plan anyway," said Hermione. "If you want to join us, we need to decide how we're going to—"

    "Where's the proof You-Know-Who's back?" A blonde Hufflepuff aggressively asked. Katherine recognized this boy as Zacharias Smith.

    "Well, Dumbledore believes it—" Hermione began.

    "You mean Dumbledore believes him," said Zacharias, nodding at Harry.

    "Who are you?" Ron rudely asked.

    "Zacharias Smith," said the boy, "and I think we've got the right to know exactly what makes him say You-Know-Who's back."

    "What makes me say You-Know-Who's back?" Harry asked, looking right at the Hufflepuff. Katherine glared at the ignorant blonde. "I saw him. But Dumbledore told the whole school what happened last year, and if you didn't believe him, you don't believe me, and I'm not wasting an afternoon trying to convince anyone."

    "All Dumbledore told us last year was the Cedric Diggory got killed by You-Know-Who and that you brought Diggory's body back to Hogwarts. He didn't give us details; he didn't tell us exactly how Diggory got murdered, I think we'd all like to know—"

    "For Merlin's sake, Smith. Will you shut the hell up!" yelled Katherine. "We aren't here to talk about Cedric! We are here to talk about learning how to defend ourselves from Voldemort and his death eaters!"

Again, there were yelps and frightened squeals at the name. Zacharias showed a frightened expression, but regained his composure and frowned at Katherine for a few seconds before huffing and looking away. Harry gave her a small smile, and Katherine nodded in response. Hermione smirked at the fact Smith finally had shut up.

    "So," Hermione said. "So...like I was saying...if you want to learn some defense, then we need to work out how we're going to do it, how often we're going to meet, and where we're going to—"

    "Is it true," interrupted a girl who was looking at Harry, "that you can produce a Patronus?"

    "Yeah," Harry said slightly defensively.

    "A corporeal Patronus?" the girl asked.

    "Yes," Harry responded.

    "Blimey, Harry!" Lee exclaimed. "I never knew that!"

    "Mum told Ron not to spread it around," said Fred, grinning at Harry. "She said you got enough attention as it is."

    People continued to point out Harry's accomplishments over the years that proved he was what everyone said he was. The Quidditch captains started to complain about practices in which Hermione responded, saying she would take care of it. Everyone began to pitch in ideas of where the meeting should be held, but Hermione turned every suggestion down. At the end of the meeting, Hermione had people sign a list. The list was to see who was joining and to see if anyone would rat them out.

<><><>

    Umbridge had set a new decree. All student organizations, teams, groups, and clubs were disbanded. The only way to get clubs started was to ask permission from Umbridge. Everyone was outraged at the new law that was hammered to the entrance of the Great Hall. Angelina was freaking out at the Quidditch part. This year was her last year, and she was captain. Katherine felt terrible for her. Quidditch was Angelina's life.

    Not only that, but Umbridge had started to observe the teachers. Harry had told Katherine about Trelawney's inspection. The professor had given Umbridge a reading of some sort, and Umbridge was very upset about it. Katherine never cared for the Divination professor, but hearing that she might be fired broke Katherine's heart.

    Katherine sat next to George in the Gryffindor common room as she thought. George noticed his girlfriend zoning out. He could tell by how Katherine's eyebrows were pinched together, and her lips were slightly parted. George tilted his head to the side and smiled. The Gryffindor stroked her hair and began to kiss her neck. Katherine smiled and looked at the cheeky boy.

    George stopped when he noticed Katherine's gaze. He smiled and stared into her cloudy eyes. They were crinkled at the edges due to Katherine smiling. Before George could compliment her beauty, Katherine smashed her lips onto his. George smiled into the kiss and placed his hand on her upper thigh. The way he caressed her leg made Katherine feel warm inside. It was getting hot as George deepened the kiss.

    Katherine climbed on George's lap, making his hands travel to her butt. Suddenly, George stopped kissing her lips and went to her neck. When he hit the middle of Katherine's throat, she let out a moan. Geroge smirked at the effect he had on the Hufflepuff. He continued to kiss her neck, causing Katherine to hold her breath. When George stopped kissing Katherine, he put his hands on her cheek and gazed into her eyes.

    "Want to take this upstairs?" Katherine suggested, running her hands through George's hair.

    "Wh-wh-what," George stammered. Katherine laughed at his nervousness.

    "George, I love you, and I want to give you my all," Katherine smiled.

    "Are you sure?" George asked with a shaky laugh. Katherine bit her bottom lip and nodded. "Alright! Let's go!"