Chapter 34

⟹⧪⧪⧪⟸

⟹⧪⧪⧪⟸

Harry, Katherine, and the rest of the group made it to the ministry. They went through several doors, trying to figure out where the Department of Mysteries was. So far, there have been rooms with all the planets, brains, and so much more weird stuff. One room that stuck out to Katherine was a room with a stone arch. Katherine could've sworn she heard voices. Harry claimed he did too, but Hermione insisted there were no voices.

Finally, they entered the room Harry had seen in his visions. Katherine ran around with everyone following her. She was desperate to find Sirius. Suddenly Harry called out to stop. Katherine turned to see Harry standing next to a particular misty orb.

"Harry, this thing's got your name on it," Ron pointed to the orb. Harry started to reach out for it.

"Harry, I don't think you should touch it," Hermione warned.

"Why not?" Harry asked. "It's something to do with me, isn't it?"

"Don't Harry!" Neville said.

Harry ignored the sweaty boy and grabbed the sphere; he slowly removed it from its place. Katherine took Ginny's hand. She felt nervous and needed some sort of comfort. Sirius was nowhere to be found, and she felt like someone was watching them. Harry continued to stare at the orb until someone spoke from behind them.

"Very good, Potter. Now turn around, nice and slowly, and give that to me." the voice dryly said.

The kids turned to face the mystery voice. Katherine saw black mist land next to the hooded figure; the only feature Katherine could see through the masks were their eyes. Katherine studied the figure and saw long blonde hair; this man was unmistakably a Malfoy.

"To me, Potter," Lucius Malfoy said, holding out his hand. Katherine glanced to her right as Ginny squeezed her hand. The Hufflepuff gave her a reassuring smile to calm Ginny down, but it didn't work. "To me."

"Where's Sirius?" Harry asked

Several Death Eaters circled the group of Hogwarts students. Laughs echoed around the room full of misty spheres. A sharp female voice cackled, making Katherine shiver.

"I want to know where Sirius is!" Harry demanded.

"I want to know where Sirius is!" the woman mimicked.

"You've got him," Harry ignored the woman. "He's here; I know he is."

"The little baby woke up frightened, and fort what it dweamed was twoo," the woman taunted in a baby voice. Out of the corner of Katherine's eye, she saw someone move forward a step.

"Don't do anything," Harry mumbled. "Not yet—"

"You hear him? You hear him?" the woman screamed. "Giving instructions to the other children as though he thinks of fighting us!"