Chapter 50

⟹⧪⧪⧪⟸

⟹⧪⧪⧪⟸

Katherine had been released from St. Mungos after the gash fully healed, which took a week. Sadly, a scar stayed on her stomach. It made Katherine feel disgusting. Now when she looked at herself in the mirror, she would be reminded of what happened to her. Another downside was that the carving that Bellatrix left Katherine would permanently be engraved in her arm.

Ever since Katherine's discharge, she had been staying at the Burrow. Moody insisted that she stayed at the house with the most protection, which happened to be the Burrow. George was upset about the arrangements but understood. Katherine was not allowed outside the home unless it was an emergency.

It had been two weeks since Katherine was taken to the Burrow. She was already irritated with being held in the house. Fleur was good company, but the passive aggressiveness Molly and Fleur sent to each other were driving Katherine nuts. Katherine had tried to tell Molly to soften up, but she didn't listen.

Katherine was in a good mood today. An Order meeting was being held, which meant human contact. Sure, she had seen Molly, Fleur, Arthur, and a bit of George, but she needed to talk to someone else. Katherine hurried downstairs when she heard two cracks. Fred and George were at the door. Katherine ran to the twins and hugged them. It wasn't long when everyone else arrived, except for Dumbledore.

"We have bad news," Moody started. "A couple of Aurors went to Malfoy Manor, but it was charmed so nobody could enter. They probably knew Katherine would say something."

George took hold of Katherine's hand and rubbed it with his thumb. She shot him a thankful smile and then turned back to Moody. Molly had now entered with cups of tea. Everyone thanked her and started to talk again.

"Have you found any of the Death Eaters I told you I saw?" Katherine asked.

"No," Moody grunted. "The bloody bastards are hiding."

The meeting took a turn to the topic of guarding houses. Because of Kingsley and Emmeline protecting the Prime Minister, someone needed to guard the Cattermole's house. Before Katherine could volunteer, Tonks shot up. Katherine smiled, knowing part of the reason Tonks offered her services. The meeting ended, but Moody pulled Katherine aside.

"Sorry to pull you aside, but I needed you to talk about the Auror position I offered you," Moody started. "Tonks has told me you want to take it. Correct?"

"Yes, that's right," Katherine answered.

"Good, I have a job for you," Moody said.

"Wait, Don't I have to train?" Katherine asked. "And what about Dumbledore? He wants me to stay at the Burrow."

"Dumbledore told me that it's fine for you to go on missions. Just not for anything else," he replied. "And the training part is nothing you need to worry about. Kingsley and I have seen you duel. You don't need to train."