Chapter 43

⟹⧪⧪⧪⟸

⟹⧪⧪⧪⟸

Katherine, George, Fred, and Angelina danced around the living room to a Muggle singer called Madonna. The girls were twirling each other around while laughing. The twins jumped around, and George would try to pull Katherine away here and there. She would resist and continue to dance with Angelina. When the oven beeped, Katherine danced over to the appliance and lifted the pizza with the magic that came out of her wand.

    The witch softly laid the food on the dining room table and called everyone to eat. The boys raced to the table and greedily grabbed slices of pizza. Angelina and Katherine laughed at the boys and took their seats. Katherine held a piece while she watched Fred and Angelina. They seemed to be getting on very nicely, and Fred would occasionally steal glances at the girl.

    Fred was smiling at Angelina as she told him a story about tryouts for the Holyhead Harpies. She told him how nice the girls were and that she thinks she did a great job. When Angelina finished, Fred gave her a congratulatory hug, making her blush. Katherine nudged George and nodded to the hallway that led to their room. George got the message, and they slowly got up. They nearly made it to the hall but were stopped.

    "Where are you two going?" Katherine could hear the annoyance in Angelina's voice. George and Katherine turned around with fake smiles on their faces.

    "We were just . . ." George looked at Katherine, flashing a, help me face.

    ". . .getting a movie to watch!" Katherine finished. Angelina narrowed her eyes at her. She knew Katherine was lying through her teeth.

    "There's no need," Fred obliviously laughed. "Ange brought a Muggle movie. What's it called?"

    "It's called Clueless," Angelina was still glaring at Katherine.

    "Yea. Let's watch it!" Fred exclaimed.

    The group traveled to the living room with the twins and Katherine plopping on the couch. Angelina set up the DVD player she got from her mother. When she popped the movie, the others watched the screen in amazement. They had never worked a DVD player before. The advertisements that popped up were very entertaining. The movie started, and Fred, George, and Katherine gaped at the actions of the Muggle actors. The school setting, clothes, and relationships were weird to the wizards. When the movie finished, Katherine turned to Angelina.

    "Is it normal for Muggles to date their siblings?" Katherine asked while the twins stared at each other with shocked expressions. Angelina looked at her friends' reactions and laughed.

    "Kari, no! First of all, Cher and Josh were ex-step-siblings. And second of all, they weren't blood-related," Angelina answered. The twins and Katherine still scrunched their noses at the thought. "I know, it's really weird, but it's just a movie."

    "Muggle movies are weird," Fred said.

    "Agreed, Freddie," George sighed. Angelina rolled her eyes and looked at her watch.

    "Well, I've got to go," Angelina got off the couch and grabbed her coat.

    "Let me walk you out," Fred said. "Don't want someone to snatch you."

    Angelina nodded with a smile on her face. Fred opened the door and waved for her to walk through it first. George and Katherine chuckled at the subtle flirting. As Katherine was about to say something, she was stopped by a scream. Katherine grabbed her wand and sprinted down the stairs with George following her. They got out of the shop to see Angelina crying into Fred's chest while he looked slightly up. Katherine looked to where Fred was staring and saw the limp body of Adrien Pucey.

    "Oh, Merlin," Katherine whispered to herself.

    The boy was hung by his hands to the shop's window. The only clothes that covered his body were underwear. There was writing on Adrien's stomach that was left by what looked like a knife. Katherine went to get closer to read the writing, but George grabbed her hand. She twisted out of his grip and started to read the words carved on Adrien's body.

Being a blood traitor has consequences

Bellatrix

    "Fred, get Ange inside," George said. His twin nodded and walked into the shop without letting Angelina go. "Kari, we need to call a meeting."

<><><>

    Katherine twiddled her thumbs as she waited for every Order member to arrive at the Burrow. George was sitting next to her while Molly was in the kitchen talking with Arthur. Bill and Fleur were at the table watching Katherine fidget and stare at the table. Every few minutes, members of the Order would come into the house and sit. When the last person, Kingsley, walked in, Moody cleared his throat, signaling for Katherine to start. She didn't seem to notice. Remus looked around and frowned.

    "Where's Fred?" he asked.

    "At the loft," George answered. Fred decided to stay with Angelina, who was scared out of her mind.

    "Katherine, what happened?" Tonks asked, placing her hand on Katherine's shoulder.

    "She killed Adrien," Katherine mumbled.

    "Who's she, and who's Adrien?" Moody questioned.

    "Bellatrix killed Adrien Pucey," Katherine breathed.

    "Aren't the Puceys a Death Eater family?" Emmeline Vance asked. Katherine nodded in response. "Then why did she kill him?"

    "Because he warned me about Voldemort," Katherine replied. "A couple of days ago, he came to the joke shop to tell me Voldemort wants me. Someone must've seen him cause just a few hours ago, he was hanging outside with a mess—"

    Katherine stopped talking when she felt tears pool inside her eyes. The familiar feeling of guilt hit her. Adrien didn't have to warn Katherine; she already knew that Voldemort wanted her.

    "Adrien was hanging outside with a message written on his stomach with a knife. It said, 'Being a blood traitor has consequences,'" Katherine finished when she got herself together.

    The whole time Katherine was talking, Tonks still had her hand on Katherine's shoulder. Everyone except George and Katherine was talking about the situation. Tonks kept her eyes on Katherine, who was frantically looking around. The metamorphmagus noticed how uncomfortable Katherine was.

    "It'll be okay," Tonks bent down to whisper in her cousin's ear.

    "No, it won't," Katherine whispered back. With that, she got up and walked out of the Burrow, apparating to the joke shop.

    Katherine landed right outside of the store since the twins had put up protective charms since Adrien's body was hung outside the shop. They didn't want any unwanted visitors to come in. Katherine stared at the place Adrien was. She shuddered when the image popped into her head, making Katherine hurry inside the shop.

    "Damn it!" Katherine said to herself. "Don't cry. Don't cry."

    Katherine repeated that sentence, but it was no use. She let the tears pour down her face. How many people had to die before the war ended? Who would be next? What if they got George or Tonks? 

    Katherine's breathing started to pick up. It was to the point where she felt like she was suffocating. Katherine looked up when she heard footsteps coming towards her. Fred and Angelina pulled her into a hug, making Katherine cry even harder.

    "It's all my fault," Katherine cried. "It's my fault Adrien's dead."

    "Kari, it's not," Angelina cooed.

     "Adrien knew the risks of warning you. He did what he thought was right," Fred said.