Chapter 16

⟹⧪⧪⧪⟸

⟹⧪⧪⧪⟸

Dear Angel,

Your mother was a Gryffindor. I remember when your mother first came into my shop. Mary was a beautiful young lady. She was kind, smart, and she looked just like you. That's where Alden met your mother, in my shop. Your father was instantly fascinated with Mary. A couple of years passed before he plucked up the courage to ask her on a date. That happened in their 5th year, and that day forward, they were inseparable. All you need to know is that your Mum loved you with all her heart.

Love, Grandpa

Ollivander looked at the letter. He knew Katherine could never find out the truth; it would kill her. Ollivander gave the letter to Miles and watched him fly away. The door rang, meaning a new customer was awaiting a wand. Ollivander took a deep breath before walking to his desk.

<><><>

Katherine read the letter as she sat in the train compartment filled with the twins and Lee. It warmed her heart that her father always liked her mother; her dad used to be the most personable guy. George watched Katherine smile as she read the piece of parchment. The Gryffindor slowly leaned over to read it, but Katherine saw him and put her hand on his face and pushed him away.

"Stop being nosy!" Katherine giggled.

"Why can't I read it?" George jokingly whined, trying to take the letter. Katherine smacked his hand and moved to sit next to Fred.

"He's my favorite twin now," Katherine teased.

"Hear that, Georgie! I'm her favorite! I wouldn't mind reading that letter, though," Fred went to snatch the letter, but Katherine flicked his forehead.

"Ow!" Fred cried. "What was that for?"

"For being a sneaky boy!" Katherine walked to her luggage and stuffed the letter away. "Now, none of you can read my letter!"

George smirked and pulled Katherine into his lap. He started to tickle her, making Katherine wiggle around and laugh uncontrollably. Fred and Lee rolled their eyes and gagged at the sight of the couple being happy and laughing. It made Fred think of Angelina, who he hadn't talked to since their fight. It made Lee think how lonely he was. He needed to get a girlfriend!

"Alright, Lee and I will leave you lovebirds alone," Fred grunted. "Let's go and change, Lee."

"Bye-bye!" George yelled after them. "They're a pair of sour grapes."

"I think they're just lonely," Katherine defended.

"Why are you so nice?" George gazed into her cloudy eyes.

"I don't know. I mean, I was put into Hufflepuff for a reason," Katherine laughed.

George watched as she laughed. The sound that came out of Katherine's mouth was intoxicating. It made George want to laugh with her. The way the corners of her lips curled up, the way her eyes crinkled made George want to kiss her. George cupped Katherine's face and pulled her closer. The twin bit his lip as he ran his thumb over her lips. Katherine smirked and crashed her mouth on his.

Their kiss was rough, which drove George crazy. Katherine opened her mouth, causing their tongues to clash. George laughed in Katherine's mouth. The vibration traveled down her body, making her shiver. The Gryffindor smiled and pecked her lips. He started to kiss her neck. Katherine's breathing started to get heavy when George kissed the skin near her collarbone. She let out a whimper when he hit her soft spot.

George smirked and traveled up to her lips, and started to kiss her. Katherine smiled into the kiss. The girl bit George's bottom lip which drove him crazy. George took control and laid her down on the compartment seat. He laid all of his weight on his knee as his tongue wandered in Katherine's mouth.

"Oh! You guys are gross!" A voice yelled. Katherine and George separated and looked at the door to find Ron and Harry.

"Don't be jealous, Ronnie!" George teased

"I'm not jealous!" Ron whined, crossing his arms.

"Why don't you go snog, Hermione!" George exclaimed. Ron's ears turned red, and he quickly ran away with Harry laughing behind him.

<><><>

George and Katherine walked hand in hand when they got off the train. The corridors were filled with excited first years and students talking to their friends about their summers. As Harry walked down the halls, everyone started to whisper. Harry looked at the ground with an uneasy look. Katherine entered the dining hall and glanced at the Hufflepuff table. Where she and Cedric used to sit was empty.

George rubbed her back as she stared at the table. He could tell she was uncomfortable about the situation. Regardless, Katherine took a deep breath and walked over to the table. She slowly sat on the bench and looked to the right of her. Cedric was supposed to be there. He was supposed to be the Quidditch team captain, and he was supposed to take the N.E.W.T.S. with her this year. Katherine looked to George. He gave her a sad smile which she returned.

The sorting started. The hat gave its usual speech, and several children were sorted into their houses. Every child that was placed in Hufflepuff was greeted with a hug by Katherine. Their little faces showed the innocence that Katherine used to have. They had no idea of the war that was coming this way. After the sorting ceremony and feast, Dumbledore gave his yearly speech.

"Well, now that we are all digesting another magnificent feast, I beg a few moments of your attention for the usual start-of-term notices," said Dumbledore. "First years ought to know that the forest in the grounds is out of bounds to students—and a few of our older students ought to know by now," Dumbledore glanced at the Golden trio.

"Mr. Filch, the caretaker, has asked me, for what he tells me is the four hundred and sixty-second time, to remind you all that magic is not permitted in corridors between classes, nor are a number of other things, all of which can be checked on the extensive list now fastened to Mr. Filch's office door." Katherine looked at the twins, who already had mischievous smiles on their faces.

"We have had two changes in staffing this year. We are pleased to welcome back Professor Grubbly-Plank, who will be taking Care of Magical Creatures lessons; we are also delighted to introduce Professor Umbridge, our new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher."

People slowly clapped at the new teacher announcements. Katherine didn't do anything. Why had Hagrid been replaced, and who was this pink toad? Katherine looked at the Gryffindor table and saw Harry's worried looks.

"Tryouts for the House Quidditch team will take place on the—" The new DADA professor cut off Dumbledore.

Dumbledore furrowed his eyebrows and looked at Umbridge. The toad-looking woman had her head tilted with a small condescending smile. She was now standing in her seat. Umbridge was a very short and stout woman. It became clear she wanted to talk at the podium. Dumbledore sat in his seat as Umbridge walked into the middle of the room.

"Thank you, Headmaster," Professor Umbridge smugly said. "For those kind words of welcome," Umbridge let out a nasally, high-pitched voice that made Katherine want to pull her hair out of her head.

"Well, it is very lovely to be back at Hogwarts, I must say," She continued. "And to see such happy little faces looking back at me!" Katherine looked around and saw no one smiling; if anything, they looked sad.

"I am very much looking forward to getting to know all of you, and I'm sure we'll be very good friends!"