Chapter 76

⟹⧪⧪⧪⟸

⟹⧪⧪⧪⟸

Harry left with Luna to look for the diadem, leaving the twins to crack jokes. Katherine talked to Neville, Rolf, and Ginny. As Neville spoke about what he did during this year to make a stand, Katherine couldn't help but feel a sense of satisfaction fill her. Neville had changed so much since his first year. He was always the boy that people bullied, but now he was the boy that stood up to the bullies. Their conversation stopped when the portrait swung open. Bill, Fleur, Mr. and Mrs. Weasley, Kingsley, and Remus crawled out.

"How are all of you?" Katherine asked, hugging Bill, Fleur, Kingsley, and Remus.

"Good," Kingsley smiled.

"We are well," Fleur said.

"I'm good," Remus beamed.

Molly looked around and glared at Ginny. Katherine knew exactly what was about to go down, so she distracted Molly with a conversation about Harry, Ron, and Hermione. Molly indulged in the talk and asked about the trio's wellbeing. Katherine told her, without mentioning too much about Hermione's torture. The portrait swung open again. This time it was Oliver Wood, Alicia Spinnet, Katie Bell, and Angelina. Katherine ran to Angelina and tightly hugged her.

"I missed you too," Angelina laughed.

"Don't tease me like that!" Katherine chuckled, still not letting her go.

"Kari, can I hug my girlfriend?" Fred asked.

Katherine let go. "Yea, sorry."

"No problem," Fred chuckled. He turned to Angelina and kissed her. "Hey, Ange."

She giggled. "Hey, Freddie."

The room started to crowd as more people came through the wall. So, the group of ex-Gryffindors, the Weasleys, Katherine, Remus, and Kingsley, walked out and stood by the stairway. Soon, Harry and Luna came back, and Harry looked around with confusion at the crowd of people.

"Harry, what's happening?" Remus asked, meeting him at the bottom of the stairs.

"Voldemort's on his way, they're barricading the school—Snape's run for it—What are you doing here? How did you know?" Harry questioned.

"We sent messages to the rest of Dumbledore's Army," Katherine said.

"Yea, you couldn't expect everyone to miss the fun, Harry, and the D.A. let the Order of the Phoenix know, and it all kind of snowballed," Fred pitched in.

"What first, Harry?" George called. "What's going on?"

There was a great roar and a surge toward the foot of the stairs. Harry pressed against the wall, and they ran past him. People from the D.A., the Order, and the old Gryffindor Quidditch team headed to the main castle with their wands drawn. Dean took Luna and followed the crowd. The crowd started to thin out. Only a handful of people stayed in the Room of Requirement.