Chapter 46

⟹⧪⧪⧪⟸

⟹⧪⧪⧪⟸

Katherine and George had been in total bliss ever since New Years. Every time they were alone, they would go at each other. Occasionally Fred would walk in on the couple, which scarred him. Fred was annoyed at their lovey-dovey attitude, but he sucked it up for his brother.

    The twins were taking inventory even though they closed their shop. After the Adrien incident, George and Fred realized that with the Death Eaters knowing where Katherine and they were, it would be best if they closed down. The twins had asked Kingsley to put several charms and enchantments to protect the loft and shop.

    The only people that could enter the building were Katherine, Fred, George, and Order members. Katherine didn't let anyone see it, but she was scared out of her mind. Knowing that Bellatrix wanted to harm and possibly kill her frightened her. George made sure that Katherine never left the loft without him or Fred. Katherine did everything in her power to distract herself from the drama. One hobby was cooking.

    Molly gave Katherine several recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert. For dinner, Katherine was making stew with homemade chips. Dessert would be Yorkshire Pudding, which was George's favorite dessert. Katherine was nearly finished when a pair of arms snaked around her waist. She smiled and turned around to see a smiling George.

    "Hello, fiance," Katherine said in a fake French accent.

    George laughed at her horrible impression. "I think Fleur needs to teach you how to do a French accent, Kari."

    Katherine stuck her tongue out and turned back to the food that was cooking on the stove. Out of the corner of her eye, Katherine saw George reach for the hot chips she had taken out of the oven just five minutes ago. Katherine smacked at George's hand and shook her head.

    "Come on!" George whined. "I'm hungry!"

    "Stop fussing. Please! You sound like Fred!" Katherine smirked at George's offended face.

    "Oh please!" Fred said as he entered the room. "Georgie could never sound as sexy as me."

    "I beg to differ!" George crossed his arms. "Kari, tell him how sexy I sound."

    Katherine looked between the twins as she poured the stew into a large bowl. "Yea, I'm not getting in the middle of this."

    "Babe, just tell him how sexy I sound!" George said as he followed Katherine to the dining room. She placed the bowl in the center of the table and walked back into the kitchen.

    "No, I—" Katherine stopped talking when she saw Fred eating a few chips. "Fred hands off the food!"

    "Come on! I'm hungry!" Fred whined precisely like George.

    Katherine turned to George with an I-told-you-so smile. George rolled his eyes, grabbed the pan with the chips, poured them into a small bowl, and walked to the dining room. Katherine followed with small bowls and plates with Fred carrying the utensils. After Katherine and Fred set up the table, they served themselves and ate.