6

6

Shivangi was lying on the bed staring at the roof with soft music playing in the background. She hasn't got out of the room since yesterday after Ashwin dropped her home.

Shivangi had made up her mind to not lend ears to any of his excuses. Nothing he says could make her feel better about what he did to her, she felt. However, what he gave her were not excuses, but a part of him that he reserves only for himself on dark lonely nights, his vulnerability.

It was just like how he did five years ago in the show. He showed her his true self with all his vice and virtues and made her fall for him.

How can a woman's heart not go out for a man who surrenders before her with his heart held in his hand for her to use?

Shivangi five years ago wanted to cuddle it and protect it and Shivangi now was tempted to be the healer of his wound irrespective of the fact that her own heart is bruised. That, precisely, is why Shivangi decided that she has to stay away from Ashwin.

Yesterday he wordlessly dropped her at her doorstep and zoomed off. Shivangi kept her eyes and words to herself throughout the journey after his confession.

Ever since she has been training her heart to not go in the same path it went five years ago. Not to be captivated by the fireflies like a child.

Anyway, how hard can it be to stay away from a person in such a big city? After all, they did manage to not meet for five years. A little more effort and resistance, Shivangi was sure she can overcome this.

A knock on the door bought Shivangi out of her thoughts.

"Shivaangi.." her mother called

"Enna amma?" she asked annoyed

(What is it?)

"Pugazh vandirukan paru."

(Pugazh is here)

Shivangi woke up with a jerk and looked at the bedside clock for time and date. How can she forget?

She immediately rushed to the door and opened it. A wide smiling Pugazh greeted her along with a frowning mother.

"Kulikalaya?" her mother asked which Shivangi ignored as she hugged her brother.

(You haven't showered yet?)

Fame and popularity did nothing to diminish the love Pugazh had for the girl he heartily accepted as his sister. To her, he was still the same Pugah anna and to him, she was his papa.

"Enna papa ready aagama iruka?" he asked looking at her in baggy pyjama and T-shirt.

(Why aren't you dressed yet?)

"Five minutes anna. Ippo vandarren."

(I will be in five minutes)

Shivangi took record time of twenty minutes to clean up. She dressed herself in white full arm anarkali suit and let her hair loose except for a small clip that bunched few strands together in the behind.

"Pottu vechaya?" her mother asked to which Shivangi pointed at her forehead where a small round bindi rested.

(Bindi?)

"Papa ku pottu vecha evlo azhaga iruka la?" Pugazh admired his sister

(Doll looks beautiful with bindi)

"Papa va?" her mother teased. "Un tangachi ku kalyanam panni papa pekkara vayasu aaiduchu."

(Doll? Your sister is old enough to be married already.)