23

23

Shivangi was grumpy and it was only ten O'clock in the morning. Her mood from yesterday has passed on to the current day.

After her argument with Ashwin in the evening, they both had no contact except exchange of two text messages where he asked her if she reached home safely and she replied yes.

Shivangi switched off her phone whole night, so she couldn't have reached her anyway. She wanted to be alone with her thoughts to help herself understand her reaction.

One problem she has realized with Ashwin is that his intentions are always right, but his ways aren't.

He proved that once by leaving her and again by trying to reach out to her not knowing if she was ready.

She wished she could put all blame on him and feel relaxed, but even she knows that she was irrationally defensive and provoked him to get a reaction so that he wouldn't want to discuss the issue further at least for few days. What Shivangi forgot was that they had only six months to be open the can of worms and be done with all ugly issues of each other so that they can decide if they want a life together. Is she ready to resolve in six months hurt of five years?

Whole night she kept tossing and turning in the bed. She thought she was sleeping, but she was only subconsciously deliberating the issue that lead to a dream where she is stuck in a far away island where she could feel Ashwin, but not see or hear him. Just like real life, where she could feel his love in every action, but she is too wary to embrace it without hesitation.

Professional commitments can never be compromised and so Shivangi found herself in Nehru stadium for stage rehearsal where MM event was to take place the next day. She is going to spend the next 48 hours with him and every member she has closely worked with in the past.

A sudden eerie, foreboding feeling set in Shivangi making her chin twitch and her head ache.

She was not looking forward to the day.

"Ei, Tangachi!" she responded to the familiar endearment with smile as she made her way to Pugazh who was seated with Kani and Pavithra in third row.

Shivangi greeted them and sat beside Pugazh.

"Paadraya da?" Kani asked

(Are you singing in the event?)

"Aama ka, Super Singer team kooda."

(Yes, with Super Singer team)

"Ippa indha maari event la paaduvanga, illa aaduvanga." Pugazh said as matter of fact and gave Kani a look. "Sila peru kadha solli toonga vekka poranga."

(People usually sing or dance in such events, but there are some who are going to narrate a story and make people fall asleep)

"Adellam onnum illa." Kani defended. "Adhu paatu, dance, kadhai ellam senda act." She wacked Pugazh's arm. "Romba nalla irukum."

(Oh! Please! Mine is wholesome performance with music and dance along with good story.)

Few minutes with her favourite team was all Shivangi needed to cheer her up. She now had enough energy to sing and interact that day. So, she stood up from her seat and was about to bid her bye to reach her singer friends for her rehearsal, when Ashwin joined them.

Ashwin still had his wayfarer on and spinning his car keys in his hand when he walked towards them with a smile and stood right beside Shivangi.

He was answering to something Kani enquired and hadn't made any effort to greet Shivangi specially. Deciding to ignore him if that is what he wants to play, Shivangi opened her mouth to tell she was going to leave when small brush on her fingers caught her attention.