Epilogue - II

Epilogue – II

Ashwin was pacing restlessly in the dining room. He couldn't believe his wife was not even half nervous or excited as him. She was casually sitting cross in the living room sofa cross legged enjoying a classic comedy movie.

His mother who was making her way from bedroom to living room eyed Ashwin suspiciously. "Yenn da kutty pota poona maari nadandhutu iruka."

(Why are you restless?)

For a minute, Ashwin wondered if he should tell his mom to send Shivangi to their room, but soon decided against it as he didn't want his mom to think he was desperate to take his wife room for other activities.

"Onnum illa ma." He lied even though his face showed his restlessness

(I am not)

Shivangi was laughing at the scene from the movie. Her father in law just explained why it is his favourite movie as a young boy and she could see why. Shivangi smiled at her mother in law who sat beside her.

"Shivangi!" she called

Shivangi took her eyes off the screen to look at her mother in law with smile because of the movie still stuck on her lips. "Athai?"

"Avana edachu tittanaya?"

(Did you fight with him?)

"Illaye. Yen?"

(No. Why?)

"Dining room la walking poitu irukan. Enna nu poi paaru."

(He seems disturbed. Check on him)

Shivangi waited for the movie to break for TV commercial before she left her in-laws to find her husband.

Ashwin sighed in relief seeing his wife walk towards him. "Finally!" he said as he grabbed her shoulder and made her stand close in front of him.

"Enna aachu?" she asked clueless.

(What is it?)

"Enaku irukara curiosity unaku konjam aachu iruka?" he complained

(Are you not curious like me?)

"Edhuku?"

(Why?)

He narrowed his eyes at her.

"Moraikada Ashwinney!" she pouted

(Why are you glaring at me?)

"Nejamave terilaya ma?"

(Don't you know?)

"Enna terilaya?"

(What?)

"Kooda vaa." He held her hand and was leading to their bed room as she complained that she wanted to complete watching the movie.

(Come with me)

"Ashwinney, padam super ah iruku. Naan paathutu varen, please." She cribbed

(I don't want to miss the movie)

"Naan unaku blue-ray DVD vaangi taren. Ippo naan solradhu mattum kelu."

(I will get you a DVD)

Shivangi with a grumpy face sat on the bed cross legged determined to flop any plan that her husband was up to because he spoiled her movie night with her father in law.

Ashwin with excitement he couldn't contain took the small brown bag he bought with him when returning from evening jog.

"Ennadhu idhu. Naan onnum vaanga...." Shivangi's words stopped as she saw three boxes fall out of the bag.