31

Chapter 31

Shivangi was nervous, but for herself not for Ashwin. She knew he had ability to be easily liked by elders. She didn't know if it was because of his innocent looks or honesty, he seemed to be a hit with older generation. However, Shivangi whose mind was working extra active to figure out what question her dad might have, was tired.

Shivangi didn't yet tell Ashwin that her parents may or may not interrogate him. According to Ashwin, they just want to meet him in person before involving his family. So, now she was to suffer alone in the land of over thinking which is supposed to be his territory.

Shivangi picked her phone and dialled Ashwin's number.

"Eppo vareenga?" was her first question as soon as he picked the call, even before he said a hello

(When will you be here?)

"Innum kulikave illa." He answered casually in complete contrast with her nervousness

(I didn't shower yet)

"Ashwin 10 mani aachu." She was disappointed. "Innum ready aagalaya?"

(Ashwin it is 10 already. Why are you not ready yet?)

"Lunch ku dana ma varanum. Unga veetla ethane maniku lunch sapduveenga? 1 ku dana? Innum 3 hours iruku."

(I was invited for lunch right? I will be there at 1, in three hours)

"Aiyoo! Unna vechutu naan enna panna?" Shivangi huffed

(God! You are impossible)

"Enna ma?" he asked completely clueless

(Why)

"Unna saapdava vara sonnanga? Correct ah 1 ku dan varuvaya? Enga appa amma kooda pesa vendama nee?"

(You are not invited only for lunch. My parents will want to talk to you)

"Amma va?"

(yeah?)

Shivangi closed her eyes trying to not show her anger on him and stress him. She calmed herself and spoke in tender voice. "12 kulla va, Ashwinney, please."

(Be here before 12)

"Ma, one hour la vandarren. Nee vena paaren."

(Will be there in an hour)

"Meduva ve va. Fast ah drive pannadha, okay? Aprom shirt potutu va, T-shirt vendam."

(Don't have to hurry. Drive safely. Don't wear T-shirt. Wear a shirt)

"Okay, bye. Seekiram varen."

(Bye, will be there soon)

True to his words, Ashwin reached her home ten minutes before noon. Just looking at him gave Shivangi the confidence she lacked the whole day.

"Azhaga iruka." He commented seeing her in yellow A-line kurtha and low pony tail sans make up.

(You look beautiful)

Shivangi nodded with a blush as she took him to her where her parents were sitting in the lobby in first floor.

"Yen pottu vekkala?" he asked as they were climbing stairs.

(Why no bindi today?)

Shivangi immediately touched her forehead and realized the small yellow bindi of hers must have fallen down. Shivangi turned to him to give reason, but him instead stopped her holding her hand and pushed her between him and the railing. Ashwin looked up to make sure they were still many stairs away from her parents' eyes and ears.