34

34

It could only be a dream. Only last month Shivangi was new in a relationship with the man she fell in love with years ago. Only last week she opened up to her parents that she was in love and now already her wedding date is being discussed. It was all too quick that it felt surreal.

"Oru vela andha 8 months ku aprom irukara mugurtham fix paneeruvangala?" Ashwin asked genuinely concerned.

(What if they choose a date after 8 months?)

Shivangi glared at Ashwin narrowing her eyes. It was because of him that they both were sent out of the room while the elders were discussing things related to their wedding.

Ashwin with his family has come to her home to meet her parents regarding the wedding. It was nothing dramatic or awkward as Shivangii expected nevertheless she was a nervous wreck. Being the common link between both the families she felt her natural instinct to want to play the bridge and make everyone comfortable.

For some reason, Shivangi was convinced they were going to discuss why wedding should take place and how. She lowkey expected her father to interrogate Ashwin's family like he did Ashwin. Shivangi was beating herself worrying about it. However, she was surprised and relieved how conversation smoothly began about the wedding and both set of parents were only too eager to discuss the prospects.

Ashwin who unlike Shivangi was too chill and eager to talk about the wedding had his two cents to give about every single thing. At one point, Shivangi realized the elders needed space for elders talk no matter how Ashwin pulls age card over her to get her do things, he can't do the same with parents and make them agree to whatever he says. So, she bought him and his niece away on pretext of showing rose plants in terrace that they don't have.

"Kalyanam munnadi irukara period fun ah irukum nu soneenga?" she asked

(You were keen to enjoy time before wedding.)

"Three months na okay ma. Eight ellam romba adigam."

(Three months is cool, but eight months is brutal)

Ashwin had more points to argue why more waiting is not wise when he realized Shivangi's eyes were fixed on his neice with inexplicable expression on face. She was smiling, but also lost. Currently from where they were leaning on the parapet looking at his niece run around with ball and Shivangi's pet cat, Ashwin reduced the distance between them and wound his hand around her waist.

"Wedding munnadi neraya vishyam discuss pannanum nu oru list iruku." Ashwin said. "Adhula romba important kids."

(It is important to discuss few things before getting married and most important is kids.)

Shivangi turned to look at Ashwin her eyes still gleaming with the effect of smile.

"Unakum venum nu teriyum." Though they have not discussed about it, he knew she wanted kids of her own some day."Eppo venum? Evlo venum?"

(I know you want kids. How many? When?)

It was less intimate than things they have discussed and shrared, however, she couldn't help but blush with smile at the prospect of having kids with him. It is something she has never imagined even though it sounds like the most common dream when one things about the future together.

"Namba each other kooda time spend panna konjam varsham wait panama udane baby plan panna parava illaya?"

(Is it okay if we don't want to wait much after marriage?)

Though it was phrased like a question, it felt more like her telling him what she felt.

"Enakaga solraya? Illa do you really want it?"