30

30

Ashwin's answer to her question was not 'yes' like she hoped. It was a kiss that literally made her breathless, but he was nowhere near to stop. Even when she tried to pull away, he only gave her enough seconds to catch her breath before he pulled her in for another long kiss.

Shivangi finally decided she had enough as she closed his mouth with her palm when she pulled away this time. She wanted an answer not kisses no matter how much she enjoyed it.

"Ashwineey!" she whined when he licked her palm with the tip of his tongue.

"Ashwineey!" he repeated with a huge grin. "Evlo naal aachu idhu ketu. Enaku ippo dan uyir vanda maari iruku. Hearing you say it is the best."

(Been ages since I heard you say this. I feel alive now. Hearing you say it is the best)

Shivangi frowned at his enthusiasm. "Appo naan per solli kooptadhu dan best ah? Naan adhuku munnadi enna keten nu gavanikalaya?"

(So only the name gives you good feeling? What about something I said before that?)

"Edhu?" he feigned innocence

(What is it?)

Shivangi smacked his shoulder and was about to remove herself from his lap when he tightened his hold on her waist.

"Ippove pannikalam." He whispered

(Shall we get married now?)

Shivangi looked into his eyes registering the joy of her emotions reflected in his eyes until she could no more and averted her eyes blushing.

"Alaipayuthe maariya?" she asked knowing it is his favourite movie. "Evening thaliya marachitu naan veetuku poiruta?"

(Like Alaipayuthe? Should I go home pretending I am unmarried in the evening?)

Ashwin considered it sincerely. It will be a dream come true if he could live his favourite movie's plot.

"First night anniku taniya toonganuma?" he asked earnestly concerned

(I can't afford to sleep alone on our special night)

Shivangi snickered pulling his cheeks. "Nee romba maarita Ashwin."

(You have changed a lot)

Ashwin laughed with her. He has let his imagination run wild enough to write a book called '101 best proposals', but not even one idea came close to being proposed by love of his life sitting on his lap with dried tears in a stranger's house. However, now that he has experienced it, he was sure nothing could beat this serenest moment.

Moments are made special by the people in it and this is yet another example for it.

"Okay, serious-ah kekaren." He said."Seekiram pannikalama? Already ennala five years miss paneetom."

(Let me be serious. Shall we get married soon? We lost five years because of me)

Shivangi nodded. She would love nothing more than spending her life with him in every way. "Naan appa amma kitta peseren. Avanga already eppo kalyanam panradhu nu eager ah irukanga."

(Let me talk to my parents. They want me to get married)

"Next week court wedding vechukalama?" Ashwin asked shocking her

(Shall we have a court wedding next week?)

"Edhu? Court marriage ah? No way." She was certain. "Enaku ella festivities oda proper wedding venum. En cousins ku ellam epdi jolly ah dance paatu nu super ah wedding nadanduchu teriyuma? Enakum ade maari dan venum."