12

12

Ashwin was in his favourite place in the house, his garden. It was late morning of a shoot free day and he decided to spend it under the sun pondering.

"Onnu ungala marakavainga, illa manikavainga."

(Make me forget you or forgive you)

Ashwin couldn't have been luckier. She was giving him a chance. Them a chance. If her wanting this to work isn't enough encouragement, then nothing could.

After all that has happened, there was finally light at the end of the tunnel. All Ashwin prayed was that he should use it in wisely to bring his rowdy back to him.

"Ashwin!" his mother's voice brought him out of thoughts.

"Yenna ma? Inga yen vandeenga? Naane ulla vendirupen."

(What is it? I would have come inside)

"10 aachu innum saapdama iruka. Adhu dan saapada kuduka vanden."

(It is 10 and you haven't eaten yet, so I am here to feed you.)

Ashwin smiled at his mother. He was glad that his parents finally accepted to shift with him. He missed the vibe that being with your loved ones give you. Especially at this time of his life, he appreciated his mother's constant support.

Ashwin pulled the chair for his mother and made her sit. His mother began feeding him.

"Inniku yen ma chutney anniku senja maari illa? Adhu super ah irunduchu." He commented after taking couple of bites of Dosa and tomato chutney

(Why doesn't chutney taste the same as last time?)

"Adhu seri! Summava sonnanga pasangaluku oru vayasuku approm amma samayal bore adichidum nu?"

(Oh Wow! People who say that sons will get bored of their mother's cooking after a while are right)

"Yen apdi solreenga?"

(Why do you say that?)

"Anniku samchadhu un amma illa, un Shivangi ma."

(It was Shivangi who cooked the other day.)

Ashwin was taken aback and the shock caused him to choke on his food. He began to cough.

"Paathu pa..." his mother patted his back

(Careful)

"Avala smacha?"

(Did she cook?)

"Aama. Unaku Dosa ootharen nu kooda avala dan sonna."

(Yes, she insisted on making dosa for you.)

Ashwin's mother didn't miss to notice how her son's eyes widened in joy. Now she was happy to have waited for the right moment to reveal this detail. If his easy demeanour in the past couple of days is anything to go by, then there is definitely some change happening between him and Shivangi.

"Ava romba nalla ponnu ma."

(She is wonderful gir.)

"Teriyum pa."

(I know)

"Ma..." Ashwin looked at his mother. "Enaku avala kalyanam pannikanum ma. Ava vazhka full ah en koodave irukanum."

(I want to marry her. I want to live my whole life with her.)

His mother smiled at him fondly. "Enaku adhu eppove teriyum pa."

(I knew it )

"Avala naan epdiyadhu enna manika vechiduven ma."

(I will make her forgive me)