9

9

Thank you for all the love you guys have showed the story in twitter.

Greatful and humble

***

Ashwin was a silent spectator as Shivangi bent down to smell a fully blossomed white rose. That moment, she in the place he considered personal haven in his house felt so surreal that he feared that even if he blink an eye, she might vanish out of his sight and all this will become a dream.

"Orchids kooda iruka?" she exclaimed excited as she hopped to the next plant. Yes, hopped. For a minute, glimpse of old Sivaangi he met few years ago crossed his mind and Ashwin even forgot to breath.

(You have orchids too?)

In spite of all he has done, he is blessed enough to experience the bliss of her presence. So, he is going to let his eyes capture all the moments so that he can replay in his mind.

As Sivaangi slowly made her way giving her attention to every single plant, Ashwin walked behind her with heart in his hand admiring her.

When Sivaangi stopped in front of a particular plant, Ashwin thanked God that the plant chose the right moment to produce the most beautiful flower he has seen. Purple Rose. It took lot of effort to get it imported from overseas, but the glow in her eyes seeing it is so much worth it.

For first time Ashwin decided to join in the experience that night as he moved forward, took the scissors that was placed on the holder and cut the purple rose out of the plan.

He wanted her to have it. Once he raised his head and looked at her staring at him with narrowed eyes, he realized what a stupid idea it was. Did he really think she will get a rose from him?

"Adhu vandhu..." he pulled the hair from back of his head searching for an excuse. "Vinayagar ku vekka." He pointed at direction of temple.

(That is.... I....For God)

Shivangi pressed her lips together in a very genuine attempt to hide her smile at his sorry excuse and continued her tour of the plants.

"Thank you." Ashwin said following her in her path.

"Edhuku?" she asked without turning back still examining what a variety particular plant is.

(Why?)

"Ammakaga vandaduku."

(For helping my mother)

Shivangi turned to look at him. It seemed like she wanted to say something, but then she only smiled and nodded.

Ashwin panicked the most when he received the call that his mother fainted. He was away and so was his father. He didn't know how to get his mother required help. His mind only immediately went to Sivaangi. It was almost like natural instinct to think about her when he was in need of someone his own. Though he vowed to not get her number from anyone but her after Pugazh's comments, he became helpless and called Sharath for her number.

On hindsight, Ashwin realized that not even for a minute the thought that she might not want to help him crossed his mind. In spite of knowing her in person for only few months, the trust he had on her was so much more intense than one that people couldn't even form after years.

This realization also came with mountain of guilt that he did complete injustice to the woman who has been nothing but guardian angel to him.

As that thought bought him a feeling of discomfort, Ashwin, out of habit, began to caress the snowman tattoo between his fingers. All these years, it has been something he do to calm his nerves when he gets overly emotions.