28

28

Short update before celebration as I said. Once you read the update you will know why it has to end where it ended.

Ashwin woke up because his stomach didn't know he caught up only 4 hours of sleep after cutting his call with Shivangi at 7. With droopy eyes and ruffled hair, still in his night clothes, he made his way to find his mom.

"Pasikudha?" his mom asked at the sight of him even before he could say something.

(Are you hungry?)

Ashwin didn't reply, but perched beside his mom on the couch and placed his head on her shoulder.

"Tookamum varudhu."

(I am sleepy too)

Thankfully he didn't have shoot for two days giving him enough time to laze around and also romance.

"Pinna, college paiyan maari night full ah phone la pesitu irunda?" his mother chided playfully. "Nee college padikum bodhu kooda apdi illaye."

(Like a college lad you were in phone whole night. In fact, you were not this way when you were in college.)

"Appo ava kooda ilaaye." Ashwin grinned at his mother.

(She was not with me then)

His mother pulled his face away from her shoulder and patted his cheeks.

"Innike poi ponnu kekuta?"

(Do you want me to take your proposal to her house?)

Ashiwn shrunk his eyes to slits making a thinking face.

"Solren ma." He answered seriously. "Naangale innum adha pathi pesala. Aan, avalum ready dan kalyanathuku. Adhu teriyum enaku."

(Not yet. We didn't talk about it yet, but I am sure she is ready. )

His mother smiled fondly.

"Ungakulla iniku varaikum enna nadanduchu nu enaku teriyadhu, naan kekavum maaten, aana ellathukum rendadhu vaaipu kedaikadhu Ashwin. Ungaluku kedachiruku. Idhu unga nalla manasukum, unga fans ungalukaga manasara vendikitadhum dan karanam. Nee adikadi ennamo solluvaye? Kadavul Setting dana? Adhu dan idhu. Avala ennikum kashtapadhuthada. Nalla paathuko."

(I don't know what happened between you two. I don't want to know either. You both are lucky enough to get second chance. Thanks to both your kind heart and prayers of your fans. 'Kadavul setting' as you say. Take care of her.)

"Ma.." Ashwin straightened himself. "Modala en vazhkaya dan maathana, ippo en vazhkayave maareeta. Ava illama naan illa. Nanga rendu perum nalla purinjukittom. Romba careful ah irupom."

(Mom, when we met then, she changed my life, but now she has become my life. I am no one without her. We know that. We will not take it for granted.)

His mother patted his head, kissed his hair before leaving him the couch to make something for him to eat.

Ashwin was sure Shivangi must be still sleeping, so he decided to text her instead of calling.

'Rowdy, night full ah enna toonga vidama paneetu nee nalla toongara pola.

Kanavula naan varena?

Evening free ah? Movie?'

(Rowdy, you kept me awake whole day and now are sleeping happily.

Are you dreaming about me?

Free this evening for movie date?)

He knew not to expect a reply any time soon, so he decided to catch some sports on TV.