33

33

Shivangi was in conundrum. Professional in her told her how silly she is being, while the silly girl in her made her forget professionalism in spite of the pep talk Ashwin gave her few days ago.

Shivangi nodded at her manager and PR of Ashwin's latest movie. Even without them explaining she knew that her singing for Ashwin for the first time will create positive buzz for the movie especially after their impromptu live. She knew she has to do it for him. However, she was too embarrassed to meet Anirudh especially after her instagram story. She now realized how childish and impulsive it was. Moreover, Ashwin back in her life has given media enough spice to dig up their past and post unwanted stories just to increase views. So, she was still scared how her promoting the song with Anirudh is going to make news next day.

It was such a strange profession where gossip sells and not good work. People will be more interested in decoding bytes of her and Anirudh rather than enjoying lyrics of their song or worse, they will start linking the lyrics with her and Ani or Ashwin.

Shivangi was tired and annoyed even before the event started.

"Anna, taniya promote pannuta?" she asked her manager. "Ani sir first press ku IV kudukatum, naan kadaisiya taren."

(Shall I promote alone? Let Ani sir give interview separately.)

"Othu varadhu madam. Producer marketing ku taniya team vechu irukaru. Mumbai la irundu vandu irukanga. Avanga solradhu dan kekanum. Illati edachu prachanai varum."

(Not possible madam. Producer has hired exclusive marketing team from Mumbai and they are very particular about everything)

Her part in the movie was only one song and Shivangi knew she can't go against producer. She knew someone who had enough say to take it up to the producer, but she was not willing to involve him.

"At least press ku questions kuduthu keka sollunga."

(At least give press questions beforehand )

"Adellam nalla questions dan kepanga. Namba sollikalam." Her manager said, but Shivangi knew even he can't be sure what kind of questions will be asked. "Ashwin sir pathi keta ungaluku okay dana?"

(Questions will be simple. It is okay to ask about Ashwin sir, isn't?)

"Neenga munnadi irunga naan varen."

(Wait outside. I will join you)

Music launch of the movie was to be conducted in a hall in a star hotel following the press conference where every cast and crew were given separate schedule to meet the press. Shivangi was currently sitting in a small room adjacent to hall where along with her cinematographer and costume designer were waiting.

Shivangi pressed her palm over face trying to compose herself.

"Ipdi edachu panni aprom pottu keela vilundiruchu nu solla vendiyadhu."

(You do all this and then complain your bindi fell down)

Shivangi glared at Ashwin who pulled a chair and sat beside her.

"Kuttu pottu vecha dan azhaga iruka." He smiled. "Adhum inda maari sweet ah simple salwar ellam podum bodhu nee rowdy nu naan marande poidren."

(You look beautiful with bindi. Especially in salwar like this you don't look like Rowdy)

"Naan vera tension la iruken Ashwin. Don't try to flirt."

(I am stressed, Ashwin. Don't flirt)

"Try to flirt ha? Unmaya paaratren ma. Vendam na vidu. "