⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐞˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

summary— you've been the assistant to famous actor chris evans for almost two years now, but as you and chris seem to get closer in more then just boss and client work, the media speculates, even gaining you small interviews and television promos with your boss but in the end, is this the best choice? to sleep with your boss while you start to climb to the top?

warnings— talks of pronouns, they/them pronouns, implied smut/talks of previous smut

Had you known better you would have thought being at his family's cookout was a prank, but Chris claimed he needed you close by incase things for work came across

Ever since you got the job as 'Chris Evans assistant.' You spent so much time near him, there where things you honestly never expected to know and people you never expected to me.

"You all know my assistant Y/N." Chris introduced you to some of his closest family members who all smiled at you, though you felt out of place being the only person who darker colored skinned, he made sure to rest his hand on your lower back, making it seem as if you were more than just an assistant, which honestly could be true due to past events.

About a three months ago, you went out to grab Chris his lunch, and when you came back the only thing you saw was his cock in his hand, his head leaning back and his eyes closed, causing a loud gasp to come from your mouth. Luckily, no one else was around to see what was happening, he was in the comfort of his own home, yet how did he not hear the door open and close, the sound of your shoes hitting the hardwood. He turned around, in the spinning chair, covering himself and closing his eyes fast yet his hands never left his cock.

"I-I'm so sorry, I'll just." You placed the bag on the desk that was in front of him and turned around to leave before you heard him calling your name.

"Y/N."

You took a beat, not really knowing if you should really answer and engage, until you heard his voice once more.

"Y/N"

"Yes...Mr.Evans."

"You know not to call me that...you've been working with me for almost two years now, you still can't seem to call me Chris, it's fine, just call me Chris."

"...Yes, Chris."

"Are you attracted to me."

You could hear him turn around to look at you in his chair. Your heart began to beat fast, nervous to give him the answer, of course you were, he treated you better than an assistant, he always treated you as if you were an old friend, he never got to make a move on, but always knew he could if he wanted.

"Yes..."

"Do you want to see more..."

From there, you probably had the best orgasm of your life, he directed you to touch yourself while he did so to himself, ending the day in his bed, leaving with one of his baseball caps on, causing some random paparazzi to notice it, getting a blurry picture of you. Ever since that moment, you and Chris would have sneaky hookup sessions in his trailers and at moments he would even name drop you while being interviewed on zoom, bringing you into the camera to say hi.

"Honestly, without Y/N, by my side and keeping me in check, I'm not sure if I could get as much done, they're such a blessing in so many ways, they've been by my side for almost two years and I hope to keep them here, they actually are in the background here, probably doing some paperwork." He turned around from the computer and looks back at you. "Come say hi!"

"No, Chris I shouldn't I have work to finish for your next major event."

"Oh it's okay take a break." He stands up, walking to you and lifting you out of your chair, walking you to his previous area, sitting down, wrapping his arms around your shoulder as you pulled up a chair to sit next to him, you smiled at the camera and waved, giving a small 'hi'.

He wrapped his arm around your waist, moving it from your shoulder to there slowly, while talking to James Cordon, you could feel him trace circles on your hip as you tried to stay distracted, glancing at the papers you needed to focus on until he would glance over at you, making sure you were alright and then handing some of the questions to you after he may have answered them.

"Y/N! It feels like it's been so long since we've seen each other!" Scott wrapped his arms around you, bringing you into a big hug as you gave him one back. Your relationship with his brother was cute, he appreciated how his family liked you and you got along with them so well.

As the day went on you never seemed to get any notifications or messages indicating that Chris needed to get to work plus, he was stead downing beer after beer so even if he did get something, there was no way you would let him. He knew how to handle his beer but as the kind person you were, that was the last thing you were going to let him do today. You kept yourself occupied, spending it with Scott and his boyfriend, then Chris making sure you were alright, his arms around your waist. "Your hands seem awfully close for them to just be your assistant Chris." Scott pointed out, causing you to let out a soft laugh. The liquor slowly getting to you.

You didn't mind the feeling of his hands on you. It was relaxing and helped you feel at ease. "Well, I'm sure if they minded, they would say so, yeah? We both know Y/N is never one to just stay quiet and stick up for themselves." He looked at you, giving his million-dollar Boston smile which made your stomach turn in the best way possible. If he had tried any of the in front of someone else, you probably would have panicked and ripped him a new one on the ride home. It was something about being in the comfort of his family and feeling safe that the people around wouldn't dare say anything.

"So Y/N, help me understand more of this..." A relative of his came up, a woman seeming to be in her late 50's to early 60's, possibly an aunt of his, she was dressed nicely, blonde hair, and her mouth curved into a pout with squinted eyes. "This whole they/them subject." She placed her hand on her chin as if she were really ever-so-curious about it. "Well...those are the pronouns I go by, what I want people to refer to me as, and truthfully I don't mind being called she, I use both she/hers and they/them."

You looked at her, explaining before Chris jumped in, "It just means that its inclusive, right?" You looked at him smiling and nodding. "And though they say their okay with being referred to as she/her, that doesn't mean to forget they/them." He looked at the older woman and for some reason, it set something off in you.

How much he was caring about this topic, he was willing to educate someone else and even stand up for something most people wouldn't even think twice about, all you knew is you heard your name being called and the words "Yeah. Sure" had just come out of your mouth. You blinked and looked around, the women being gone and Scott, and his boyfriend, and Chris all looking concerned towards you. "You coming?" Chris looked at you with his baby blues. You smiled softly and nodding, waving goodbye to the couple in front of you, beer in your hand, you took his other hand and walked towards the house.

"Where are we going, I completely zoned out." He opened the door and headed towards the stairs. "Theres some games in my old room I need help looking for, I thought you said sure when I asked for help." You looked at him with a blank stare, if only he knew the thoughts that had been going through your head when he asked you that question. "Oh, yeah, of course." You continued to follow him upstairs before being greeted into a bedroom that made your heart light up inside, you looked around before leaning against the dresser that probably had clothes in it. Looking across from you, Chris was sitting on his bed. "What?" You shifted your position as you felt his eyes on you for a while before he patted his leg, motioning you to sit...and so it begins again.