Chapter 5

Curiosity

Author's POV

Jungkook wanted to know more about the cave and the guard in order to acquire the gem, so he planned to ask the young man who he became friendly in the village. His name is Eunwoo, a very tall handsome guy in his twenties with cute eye smile.

Jungkook's POV

"I feel so sorry for your brother." I looked Eunwoo with a sad face.

"Oh! No problem. But you should be careful. The Guard of Sapphire cave is so cruel. He wont spare anyone who enters the cave without his permission." Eunwoo said in worry.

"So how does this Guard looks like? Have you met him? I heard his name is Kim Taehyung!"
My curiosity increased.

"Yes his name is Kim Taehyung. But I haven't seen him.. I heard from my grandfather that he looks like God's most beautiful creation. His face is like a carved diamond with perfect features. God made him more beautiful by decorating it with blue saphire stones. His beauty could make any one in the world fall for him. But he is as cold as ice, he doesn't give any mercy to the one who comes for what he guards. His looks doesn't define his character. . I dont know much about other details." Eunwoo showed his bare hands representing he's helpless.

No matter how cruel or cold does this guard is, my aim should be completed. I thought to myself. I placed the glass back and said bye to Eunwoo. He waved back with a beautiful smile and showed thumbs up for best luck. He doesn't asked why I'm risking my life to go up there. Maybe he's just used with people like me before who came for the stone. Nonetheless them I'm going to take home what I came for. I continued my journey.

I standing in the bottom of the mountain. I placed each of my steps carefully as the rocks were so slippery. I love to climb mountains. Everytime climbing them up and reaching the top gives me ultimate joy. The view from the top is something else.

I tied rope with the hook to climb further. I made my target and throw the rope, thankfully it got stucked to a rock. I checked if it can hold my strength or not and yep it can. I start climbing up. With each step up I could feel the cold breeze. Finally I reached the half of the mountain. By then the sun came down.

I setup my tent and made campfire. I had some instant ramen which I brought for the climb. After having hot ramen in the cold weather I came back to tent to get sleep. Before shutting my eyes the happiness of living a carefree life after stopping the curse made my heart flutter. I felt so happy.

On the next day I woke up to see the most beautiful view I have ever seen.

The clouds are creating a sea. The light of the morning sun hits the clouds and made a pink tint. I giggled myself to see a cloudy crocodile. Hehe it was so cute.🤭. I stretched my body and looked up to analyse the distance that I need to cover.