S I X

𝘐'𝘷𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘢 𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘷𝘦, 𝘦𝘯𝘫𝘰𝘺.

♥️

While looking around, a guard opened the car's gate and let me, Lucas, and Shawn in

There was one car in front of us, one in the back of us, and two on both sides of our car.

So much security, for what?

"It'll be a 15-hour flight back to Singapore, since it's around 10 am now, we will probably land in Singapore at around 9 am in the morning considering the time difference and check-in time" Shawn informed us as he buckled his seatbelt.

"Is Nora going to be at home?" Lucas asked Shawn, who pushed his bottom lip forward a little bit and mumbled 'no'

Did he just pout?

Shawn looked back at me, probably catching onto the fact that I was staring at him.

"When it's just him and me, he's like that, don't mind him," Lucas said, his hands still holding mine gently and his eyes were trained on his phone.

"Since when have you been working besides King?" I asked, now focusing on Shawn.

For a second, I felt Lucas unintentionally tighten his hands around mine and loosen again when I called him 'king' but, I shrugged it off.

What else did he expect?

"Ahh, we met when Luc was eighteen years old, but I've been working with him for the past two years or so. His father was initially disappointed; I believe he expected your father to be Luc's first in command, but that simply did not happen and Luc made his own choice's" Shawn clarified, smiling at me.

He seemed like such a jolly person.

I remained shut down for a few seconds at the mention of my father, I didn't want to see him. Not today, not ever.

"Are you familiar with my father?" I asked  Shawn, expecting that he would react and inform me that my father was no longer involved with them.

"I am, I met him when Luc's dad was still the king. Once Lucas took over, he refused to work with the same people his dad previously worked with. He wanted to build his own 'family', as he likes to call it. He's soft like that" Shawn said, his eyes falling on Lucas with a teasing smirk.

Lucas looked up from his phone screen with a narrowed gaze aimed at Shawn.

"What? You just said I'm family, isn't that soft? Plus, Athira, you have to see him with Lia. It's a whole different person." Shawn elaborated making Lucas scoff at Shawn's claim.

Lia, again.

Who's Lia?

"Shut it and rest, we have work tomorrow" Lucas commanded Shawn and looked at me.