N I N E T E E N

𝘐'𝘷𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘢 𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘦𝘯𝘫𝘰𝘺.

♥️

"Where exactly are we going?" I inquired, gazing up at Lucas with a frown now that we were alone

"There's a warehouse towards the coast that I plan to use for major exports. I'd like to check out the area." Lucas explained, pulling out a pair of sunglasses and sliding them on.

Good god.

I continued staring at the man beside me until he returned my gaze and clocked an eyebrow, steering our conversation in a different direction.

"Do you think you'll be coming to events like this in the future?" He asked as we exited the hotel and headed towards the car.

I simply shook my head, refusing to voice my thoughts on the matter because it irked me.

"Answer the question, angel. Words." Lucas's eyes hardened. I could feel it through his glasses.

"I'd prefer opting out in the future unless absolutely necessary," I replied, my mind returning to how the last two days had passed.

"Why is that?" Lucas asked, glancing at me briefly before entering the driver's seat.

I looked behind us and noticed that there was only one security car accompanying us with four guards.

"Everyone thinks they know everything. It's frustrating." I explained, trying to keep the bitterness in my voice to myself.

"Our lives have always been public, to a certain extent," Lucas stated as though making an observation.

"I could see that, yes." I agreed as a bitter chuckle escaped me, what was wrong with me?

Honestly, I knew what was wrong with me. The frustration of everything that had gone down in the last two days surfaced. While Lucas might think he pulled up a big stunt with what he did earlier during the breakfast buffet, I didn't think so. I could still clearly recall the sympathetic looks thrown my way. I was also aware of how everyone seemed to believe they knew more about my life than I did.

The entire thing was downright frustrating, added to that was the fact that I had seen a few faces from my past I was not very happy about.

"I believe everything will be just fine going forward, everyone knows my stand when it comes to you. I made it clear today." Lucas voiced roughly while I continued looking outside the window at the trees passing by.

I was trying to keep my thoughts to myself, I really was. But I had my limits, too and there was only so much I could take before bursting open.

"That is the issue, to be honest. You make decisions and hide behind them. Mind telling me why I never knew that Kate was your almost-fiancé?" I asked, dropping the bomb which I had been trying to keep to myself since last night.