E I G H T

𝘐'𝘷𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘢 𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘷𝘦, 𝘦𝘯𝘫𝘰𝘺.

♥️

I looked out of the window acknowledging the slightly cool breeze that ran through the trees making subtle sounds as they passed

The sky has always appealed to me, it's what connects us to people we don't even know and, regardless of what the situation is, we will all, always share the same sky.

When I was away from Lucas, I always put myself to peace thinking about how even though our worlds were far apart, the sky we shared was the same.

The sun I saw, is the same he saw. The moon I fell in love with is the same moon whose light was probably guiding him on a dangerous night.

Something about all of us sharing the same sky is what bonds us together, all of us.

After breakfast yesterday, Lucas and Shawn went out because of an emergency. Apparently, the Australian's had just witnessed a new capo come into power recently and he was creating a ruckus. From what I understand, the Australians are allies, and Lucas wants the current capo's sister to lead.

I looked at the time and sighed, it's almost 1 am and both the men are yet to come home. Since it's Lia's birthday tomorrow, everything had to be sorted today so that tomorrow everyone is home alongside her.

To be honest, it made my heart warm.

The family that Lucas had created for himself, the people around him aren't people who're around him for power only like it was when we were together before. The genuine love and bonding that this family share is what makes me envy them, why didn't I get a family like this, for myself? Do I lack something?

With time, its become obvious that Lucas has changed everything about the basic conduct of his work. Back when his father ruled, he always reinforced that he and his under assigned weren't equalled. That he was the King, he was important.

However, in the case of Lucas, he seems to realise that there would be no game if the pawns refused to play. He realises that at the end of the day, the King and his soldiers go back inside the same box.

I always knew Lucas would bring changes, he was always quiet and focused but it's still surprising that his dad is letting him get away with this, after all his dad was the definition of Barbaric.

I took a deep breath and sat down on the bed, maybe I should go on and pursue higher studies. I was homeschooled on an accelerated path and got my degree earlier this year but now that I think of it, maybe I should pursue a specialisation, masters in surgery?

Even though I got my degree, I never really practised in my field of work, I graduated with a degree in surgery.

Suddenly, the door of the bedroom was pushed open and in came Lucas, drenched in water. His white shirt now clinging onto his skin while he brushed the hair on his forehead back.