T H I R T E E N

𝘐'𝘷𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘢 𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘷𝘦, 𝘦𝘯𝘫𝘰𝘺.

♥️

The new energy surrounding the house was bright, with everyone discussing Nora and Shawn's wedding there was never a dull moment in the house

The wedding was still far away, almost 10 months away or so, at least that's the tentative round-off for now but the preparations had already begun. Small steps were being taken now and then from looking for venues to wedding dresses and the food menu.

I'd been keeping myself busy, catching up on all I needed to complete for my master's degree now that Lucas was back at work and taking over entirely. Things had finally returned to normal, and I had begun to feel more at ease. It seemed like the time Lucas had to take a step back was all I needed to gain respect and trust. The guards and the people surrounding me suddenly seemed more like family; they provided me with comfort and respect, which was all I'd ever wanted.

Respect for who I am as opposed to being tossed around, and then chased after, and adored. I also felt loved; Lucas's mother, Nora, Shawn, and everyone else made sure to look after me and check in on me on a regular basis. It warmed my heart when Nora would appear out of nowhere with movies and books when she suspected I was stressed with uni work, or Lucas's mother would occasionally bring me fruits when I was studying.

I gulped down the last sip of water and sighed, I should probably go and check up on Lucas's stitches.

Thankfully, the stitches were no longer an issue and had almost healed, but they still needed to be examined every few days to ensure that no scars remained, something I had been putting off for quite some time.

Being close to Lucas felt like my entire body had caught fire and sparks were flying everywhere; I wasn't sure if I liked it or despised it. Things had been strange and awkward after Nora's proposal; Lucas would stare at me even when I stared back directly into his eyes, he'd randomly comb my hair while I was asleep, and he'd bring breakfast in our room even though we never exchanged a word the entire time.

After putting my hair up in a bun and checking the mirror to see whether I looked decent after four hours of nonstop lectures, I decided to go to Lucas' office. I was still adjusting to looking at my reflection and seeing my eyes since I didn't wear contact lenses anymore because everyone around the house knew I had Heterochromia. I had gotten so used to wearing contact lenses because of Zack's commands that I had forgotten how I naturally looked.

"Good afternoon, ma'am" Stefan, one of Lucas's personal guards greeted while bowing down.

"Good afternoon, is Lucas free?" I asked, looking at the closed office door.

"Ah, yes. But he has an interior designer coming in after a few minutes, king has decided to re-make the shipment houses since there is a threat of security leak of the map of our land." Stefan added, I nodded and knocked on Lucas's door opening it a second later to find Lucas sitting in a dimly lit room with the curtains drawn shut looking through something on his laptop.