T W E N T Y F O U R

𝘐'𝘷𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘢 𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘦𝘯𝘫𝘰𝘺.

♥️

"What?" Mom asked with a frown on her face, confusion taking over her features

"Angel's ", I completed as I went on to look at Athira.

She completely stilled for a slight second before forcing her body to relax. To anyone else, it wasn't noticeable, but my love was scared.

It wasn't an emotion she was used to feeling the way she was feeling right now.

While circumstances and situations might scare her, people didn't.

Athira is strong, she gives me strength but she has her own fears. Ones she was never able to get over.

Maybe the fact that she was small and her father big when she was younger made him seem undefeatable in her mind.

I understood her more than others because I was in her position not too long ago myself, and while it wasn't easy, it was goddamn satisfying seeing the evil of my life quiver and pray for his life.

Athira's dad was not someone I needed to deal with, he was hers to deal with. She needed to win over and become undefeatable so that she trusted herself and was confident in herself.

"Clear up the table and head to your rooms, everyone." I guided, while it was rare for me to pass orders around the house, this was one of the few times I needed to take control.

"But I wanted to play-" I looked up and met Lia's doe eyes, and she immediately shut up.

"Later," I commanded while looking intently at Lia and Zia and pointed towards the stairs, letting both my girls know it was time for them to wrap up their breakfast.

Maybe this is what parental instincts are all about.

Feeling protective

I quickly let the guards at the gate know to hold the visitor at the door for another 5 minutes. I started at the door, waiting for it to open.

One bullet and his head.

Pure perfection.

But that would have to wait.

Shawn quickly got up and kissed Nora on her forehead briefly before she went upstairs with the rest of the family, including Athira.

Just when Athira reached the last step, she turned around and looked at me, and her hands trembled the slightest bit, almost unnoticeable.

Unconsciously, my head tilted, studying Angel and waiting for her to make a decision, to confront or not confront.

What was she going to choose?