S E V E N T E E N

𝘐'𝘷𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘢 𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘷𝘦, 𝘦𝘯𝘫𝘰𝘺.

♥️

I have always detested travelling, especially when it comes to long flights

The six-hour flight proved to be absolutely horrendous and monotonous since Lucas was busy with work, and I could not concentrate on the book I was supposed to read.

I was so exhausted by the time we arrived in Queensland that all I wanted to do was lay on a soft bed.

It was evident that Lucas was tired too, but neither of us attempted to break the silence between us, which had continued since last night when I overheard him pour his heart out. In all honesty, I had an itch I wanted to scratch with him.

I knew I couldn't tell him I was awake last night, but at the same time, I wanted to know what he was talking about.

Wait for the right time.

Somehow, the vulnerability in Lucas's voice yesterday had convinced me that I didn't know the entire picture and I had to be patient with him.

Should I give him space away from me?

I sighed and looked out the car window as the driver drove towards our hotel. The security around us had been upped ten folds, and ten cars surrounded ours throughout the way.

"Your silence is killing me," Lucas said, snapping me out of my thoughts while he continued to look through a set of documents he had brought with him.

"You're busy, that's all," I responded as Lucas sighed and put the documents he was scanning through aside and rolled up the partition in the car, separating us from the driver.

"Something is eating you up", He observed. His eyes would seem empty to anyone else, but I could see right through them.

"I was just wondering what to expect from the event tonight." I lied while maintaining my composure.

"There's nothing to think about tonight. I'll introduce you to everyone and see how they react," Lucas explained, settling back in his seat.

"I wanted to talk to you about something," I said, giving up upon realising I couldn't keep all the worries I had to myself.

"Go on, angel."

"When I was in Italy, I used to accompany Zack to a lot of official meetings that he went to," I stated, making sure I maintained a firm eye contact with Lucas.

"And how does your past in Italy matter now?" Lucas enquired while furrowing his brows.

"I believe I might meet people who I already know again today, in a different capacity," I explained, putting down the basics of what I was getting to.