T W E N T Y F I V E

𝘐'𝘷𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘢 𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘦𝘯𝘫𝘰𝘺.

♥️

I couldn't sleep

I couldn't sleep.

The giddiness, the happiness, it all felt like it would slip away the moment I closed my eyes.

It felt like a daydream, to have Lucas with me.

But it wasn't a dream.

He was real, we are real.

I smiled and looked up to see Lucas's relaxed sleeping face, his form relaxed as his right arm was wrapped around me protective while my face was on his chest.

Did this man even realise that I'd end the world to protect him?

Softly, I ran my hands along his torso, going over each and every scar. Memorising them all, only stopping at his waist.

What were the stories behind them all?

How many wars had Lucas fought since he had taken over?

Out of nowhere, Lucas's hands wrapped around my waist tightened and his fingers digged into my skin.

I yelped in paid and looked up at him in surprise only to realise he was still asleep.

I loosened his hold around me with ease but before I could pull away, his other hand wrapped around my body as though holding onto me.

Locking himself into me.

His face remained expressionless but the tremors that went through his body every now and then didn't go unnoticed by me.

Frowning, I ran my hand up and down his chest hoping to soothe him down but none of it worked.

"Lucas?" I called out, softly trying to not startle him awake.

"Lucas?" I called again, a little louder.

Sudden, Lucas's grip around me loosed and he abruptly sat up with sweat running down his face.

He looked at me completely zoned out for a brief second before pulling away to sit of the opposite side of the bed while mumbling, "give me a minute."

Oh, heck no.

I'm not letting him create anymore distance between us than that already exists.

Without saying a word, I shifted to where Lucas was and slipped into his lap, wrapping my hands around shoulders pulling his body down on mine.

He stilled for a moment before relaxing and wrapping his hands loosely around my body and digging his face into my shoulders blade.

"You're okay." I said softly, reaching up with my hand and gently tugging on his hair so as to relax him.

"Everything is fine." I continued, as Lucas tightened his hold around me with each passing second.