T W E N T Y T H R E E

𝘐'𝘷𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘢 𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘦𝘯𝘫𝘰𝘺.

♥️

We've been attacked multiple times in the past as well, why are you so alarmed?" I asked Lucas, my voice trembling with a mix of concern and confusion

Ever since he had taken over the operational aspects of our security, I had intentionally stepped back, focusing more on our home life, less on all that was playing out in the backdrop.

"Pattern," Lucas replied, his eyes locked on the wall ahead as if trying to burn a hole through it with his gaze.

Pattern?" I echoed, my eyebrows furrowing, a wave of anxiety washing over me.

"The attack was planned and forms a pattern with the previous attacks. The fuc*ers behind this attack have been planning about this for a long time now." Lucas declared, and turned his head looking at me.

Could it be them?

In that moment, I saw a glint in Lucas's eyes, a fervor that couldn't be contained. He was protective of our home. There was no other way but death for those who had threatened our home for Lucas, probably because he didn't understand the gravity of the situation like I did.

Lucas abruptly stood up, his joints popping as he stretched his body.

"I'll just change and be back," he stated before heading off to freshen up.

Okay.

As he left the room, my mind raced in different directions. I quietly entered the closet and pulled out my night suit, thoughts swirling in my head making me feel eerie about the situation at hand.

What would they get for going out of their way and planing all of this?

I slowly slipped into my pyjama shorts and sweatshirt and made my way to the bed, The moment my head hit the pillow, I curled up on my right side and  zoned out. The night was going so well until the attack happened. Things were probably going smoothly before I came back, They probably want me. Would it be a better if I was never in the picture? Lucas's life has changed a lot since i've come back from being shot at two times to adopting a baby girl which was probably not planned on his behalf.

I dug my face deeper into the pillow as a tear slid down my face out of now where, I was feeling slightly overwhelmed, that was it. I quickly wiped the tear away and with the back of my sweatshirt sleeve, I was fine.

I was fine.

This would pass, as all things eventually did. Hopefully, my assumptions would prove to be false, and even if they weren't even if they weren't false Lucas would easily fight back. It's not like the Italians stand at par with us.