Memories

Sho. That's what he used to call him. What he used to say when he ran his fingers through Shouta's hair and kissed his forehead. With that little smile on his lips that Shouta would probably never see again.

Shouta could still remember it so clearly in his head. Every week-end spent cuddling in the bed, all the mornings where he'd made breakfast and the night...the sacred touch of his former lover that he would never feel again, yet never forget.

The last rays of sunshine shone through the curtains and made a rectangular of light on the bedroom floor in front of Shouta. He sat on the floor with his knees to his chest. His bare toes were the only thing touching the light on the floor, the rest of him hidden in the shadows. He wore a hoodie that was too big for him but he didn't care. It was Hizashi's hoodie. And it still smelled like Hizashi. It was comforting in a way, to know he still had some part of him left, even though it was just a piece of clothing.

Everything in Shouta's appartment was like it always had been, like nothing had changed. Hizashi's shampoos were still in the shower, some of his cloths still in Shouta's room and the picture of them was still on Shouta's nightstand. Nothing in the apartment had change, but at the same time everything had changed. For Shouta at least. He was too scared to touch any of the stuff, too scared that if he touches anything, the memories would slip away. It would mean facing the truth, the reality of the situation, to admitt Hizashi was really gone.

Shouta's phone lit up and he glanced over at it. A flicker of hope blossomed in his chest. Maybe it was Hizashi? It wasn't, of course. They had broken up. He had broken up with Shouta days ago. Why would he message Shouta?

After staring angrily in the dark phone for a while, he slowly grabbed it from where it was abandoned on the floor. The screen automatically lit up and he read the message. It was from Oboro. "hey dude, u ok? Heard what happened..." and then the screen darkened but Shouta didn't bother to unlock his phone to read the rest of the message. He knew what it would say anyways, and he just couldn't get himself  to answere Oboro right now.

It'd been four days. Four days of endless crying and heartache and sitting on the floor staring into the wall wondering where it went south. Six year had they been together. Six years, and it all had ended so suddenly.

Shouta closed his eyes and memories started to flash before his eyes. The two of them singing in the car, or dancing around the kitchen in the refrigerater light in the middle of the night. Shouta rolling his eyes and smiling at him every time he showed off his bad dance moves at parties. The first time Shouta had met his parents, his mom had shown him baby photos. Hizashi had been the cutest little kid with his glasses and unruly, blond hair.

Shouta sighed as he opened his eyes again. He missed him. Every little piece of him. He missed the way he walked, the way he talked with his hands, how he ran his fingers though his long hair unconsciously, He missed the feeling of his skin under his finger, the tast of his soft lips, how he used to kiss Shouta when he was in the middle of saying something to shut him up. He even missed those rude interuptions, his illogical ways of doing things, even missed how loud he was.

Tears slowly made their way down Shouta's face and he tried to wipe them away with the sleeves of his hoodie. He picked up his phone again, just staring at it for a while before opening Instagram. Maybe that would get his mind off of things. However the first post to pop up was a picture of Hizashi, smiling with a group of friends. He had probably forgotten about Shouta already, moved on.

Shouta swiped to the side to go to Hizashi's profile and started scrolling through the pictures. It used to be some pictures of them, but they were all deleted now. Shouta kept scrolling. It was like traveling back in time. Pictures of when Hizashi got his first deal with a producer, his collage graduation, him with his family and some really old ones of Hizashi at lame parties holding red plastic cups.

Shouta scrolled so far down he was back around the time they'd met. When both of them were in their second year of high school. Shouta had transferred from another high school and didn't know anyone. His first day, Hizashi and Oboro had claimed him as their friend and he'd not been able to get rid of them since.

Despite years of friendship, Shouta and Hizashi hadn't gotten together until after they graduated high school. They had both been head over heals for each other for years and in the end Oboro had had enough of their pining and just told them they both liked each other. Shouta's heart arched from the painful but happy memory.

He clicked on one of the pictures. It shows Hizashi sitting under a big three, thin rays of sunshine hitting his smiling, beautiful face. Shouta had taken the picture within the first year of their friendship when they still had their futures in front of them. But that was a long, long time ago now.

As Shouta tried to scroll down to the next picture a small heart appear on the screen. Shit. Shouta stared at his phone in pure shock for a few seconds too long before he immediately unliked the picture and threw his phone on the bed.

Maybe Hizashi wouldn't notice it? Maybe he unliked it fast enough?

Shouta put his head in his hands, silently playing Hizashi wouldn't see that his ex had been stalking him.

I actually wrote this quite a while ago and forgot I had it but here you go!
-Aleks