Echoes of Redemption

Finally another chapter! Yes I know it's been a while, so this is for everyone who reminded me that has been two years since I last wrote a oneshot (not counting updates on my other series) so here you go!❤️

Anyways, this is sort of a hero/villain AU and ITS ANGST of course! 😈

————

The rain pounded relentlessly on the windowpanes as Shouta made his way over to the door. He yawn, wondering who could possibly be knocking on his door this time a night. It was 4AM and he had just gotten home from patrolling. He would've appreciate it if he got at least a couple of hours sleep before he had to get up again.

Still sleepy Shouta unlocked the door and opened it to reveal a tall, blond man completely drenched from the rain pouring down outside. His wet hair was plastered to his shoulders instead of in its normal weird updo. His hand where clutched to his side and his leather jacket didn't do a great job at covering up the red bloodstain on his white shirt.

"Mic..." Shouta said in surprise. Out of all the people who could have knocked on the door, Present Mic was probably the last person Shouta had expected. Mic, or Hizashi Yamada, was a villain who Shouta'd had several run in with previously and he had manage to make a name for himself amongst the police force the past few years. Although due to his nonviolent behavior the police had a hard time making any actual claims against him, and the man always manage to sneak away.

"I- I didn't know... where else to go" Mic managed to croak out between gasps before he collapsed. He fell forward and Shouta barely managed to catch him before he hit the floor.

It took a second for Shouta's brain to catch up as he held the half-conscious body of a known villain and a former friend in his arms. He knew the right thing to do was to report Mic to the police but something inside him made him hesitate. Shouta looked down at the wounded man as his conscience were torn between his duty as a hero and lingering feelings for an old friend. All he knew is that he couldn't let Mic die.

Blood has already made a little pool on the floor. As Shouta dragged the half-conscious man over to the kitchen table, it left a trail of blood behind making Shouta's apartment look like a murder scene.

With a few groans from Mic, Shouta managed to get him on the table before taking a look at the wound. He didn't know a whole lot about bandaging wounds other that the little he had picked up on during his career as a hero. He'd patched up himself more times than he could count but this seemed different. He did his best with what he had on hand, and miraculously he managed to stop the bleeding. Mic let out another groan as Shouta bandaged up his torso but the man still seemed only half-conscious.

Shouta took at step back to look at the man laying on his dining table soaking wet and covered in blood. Conflicting emotions surged within him as he watched the man he once loved. Shouta remembered like it was yesterday, his high school days when he and Hizashi used to hang out together with their friend Oboro. The three of them used to be inseparable back in the day.

Then Oboro had tragically passed away during their second year, and the two of them had never been the same. Shouta knew Hizashi partly blamed himself for Oboro's death as his quirk had weakened the structure of the building that had collapsed. The pressure had been too much and pared with the pain of loosing a good friend it couldn't have been easy for him. One day he had snapped. He dropped out of school, leaving Shouta behind, and all the pain had lead him down a dark path he couldn't come back from.

Shouta couldn't help but wonder if he could've done more to prevent it. Even now he often tried to keep an eye out for Mic whenever he was on patrol. It was illogical but Shouta still held on to a flicker of hope that Mic might turn his ways around and come back to him.