forgiveness is a good thing (NSFW)

Thank you to everyone who commented ideas on the last chapter. I have started writing some of them and hopefully they will be done in not too long!

And NSFW warning! Also, more trans Aizawa because why not. As always: don't like don't read.

————

"I specifically told you to do it. You couldn't remember the ONE thing I asked you to do?" Hizashi said, looking resigned.

"I would've remembered if you'd actually told me to do it!" Shouta said. He got up from the couch and walked over to where Hizashi was standing. "I'm not a mind reader, you can't expect me to just know what you want me to do."

"You knew I was busy at the station this week. I don't have time to tell you every little thing I need you to do." Hizashi was still standing in the entree of their apartment. He had only kicked off his shoes, not even taken off his leather jacket before the argument started. "Can't you just take initiative to do things without me having to ask you to do it, just once?"

"No because you get mad at me whenever I do something you didn't 'approve' first. Everything has to be according to your plan and it doesn't matter if that's not what I wanted."

Hizashi looked at Shouta in disbelief. "That's because you never have a plan, or at least not one you tell me about. How am I supposed to know when you are out on patrol or at school if you don't tell me."

Shouta was about to protest but Hizashi swiftly walked past him towards the kitchen while he continued. "Sho, you've almost gotten yourself killed multiple times either on patrols or defending you students. Do you have any idea how worried I get when you don't come home and I don't know if you just fell asleep while working late at the dorms or if you're dead in an ally somewhere?"

Shouta followed his husband into the kitchen. "I said you don't need to worry about me all the time-"

"I'm your husband for gods sake Shouta. Of course I'm gonna worry." Hizashi said, maybe a little louder than necessary. Then a long moment of silence followed.

Suddenly all the anger seemed to drained out of Hizashi. His body became limp and he let out a puff of air. He leaned back against the kitchen counter, running a hand though his hair in frustration.

Hizashi hated fighting with Shouta. It always brought up all these things that weren't really problems rather than smaller underlying disagreements. Like now with Shouta's unpredictable schedule. It wasn't necessary an issue but it was something that always had a little part of Hizashi's brain worrying about his husband's wellbeing at all times, especially after having lost his other two best friends.

"I just- I really needed you to do that one thing today," Hizashi said, trying to bring them back on to what they were really arguing about so they wouldn't sidetrack completely.

For a moment, Shouta just looked at him before the tension in his shoulders seemed to disappear as well. "I know you did, I'm sorry. I guess it was bad communication on my part, or maybe both of us."

With a sigh, Shouta walked over to where Hizashi was standing with his back against the counter and took his hands in his. "If you still need me to, I could do it now," he offered.

Hizashi's mouth twitched upwards into a smile. "No it's okay. You just came home from patrol and besides, I think it's to late anyway. I'll just do it tomorrow."

"No, no. I have most time to do it tomorrow, so it's only rational that I do it," Shouta insisted. "I'll do it before tomorrow's class."

"Let's do it together, okay? It feels like we haven't spent any actual time together in forever," Hizashi suggested while simultaneously pulling his husband into a hug.