Fifty-three. It's begun

Nat pov

It's been hours since our walk in the park. I didn't dare ask what you meant by 'i'm gonna miss it here. I want to but it's not like i'm gonna get an answer, so i'll have to make someone else ask you. Maybe you'll tell Bucky, no he's your brother so he'll go crazy about it. Steve, no he's also basically your brother, not Wanda, you and Sam seem to have grown quite closely. It's worth a shot.

"FRIDAY, can you call Sam and tell him to come to the tower" i call out in the safeness of my soundproof room.

"Of course, agent Romanoff. Message sent" she answers and I start to change out of my workoutfit. It doest take long before FRIDAY announces that hes arrived. I meet him when he gets out of the elevator.

"You called?" he asks a little confused, maybe because it was me who called for him.

"I want you to find something out for me" he walks with me into the living room where no one is. Which is unusual because they should be there in the kitchen preparing dinner about now.

"Why do you need me for that?"

"Because you seem to have gotten pretty close to Y/N, since you got her that appointment at the fertility clinic"

"I thought i told you not not to follow her"

"Still, there was something she said when we were out on a walk. 'I'm gonna miss it here'. Do you know what she meant by that?" he doesn't meet my gaze, giving me the feeling he knows something. "You know something"

"I never said i did"

"No but you didn't meet my gaze, meningen your hiding something. You have to tell me"

"This is something you really have to talk to her about"

"Tell me now Sam" he gets frightened by my tone, even i didn't know i cared this much. "She told me theres is nothing a human can do"

"Then you have your answer, theres nothing you can do"

"But we have gods, super soldiers and a witch"

"Why are you counting up everyone thats not fully human?" Wanda asks with a gentle tone., making me turn to see her and you.

"And why was I not included on that list?" you ask with a jokingly smile. "Hi Sam"

"Y/N" he says and it becomes quiet until the rest of the team enters.

"Sam, nice too see you again" Steve says, giving him a hug.

"You too man"

"I'll start making dinner" you say and disappear into the kitchen.

"You still didn't answer my question" Wanda says, bringing the attention back to me. Which i didn't like.

"Nothing, i was just counting something in my head"

"Yeah, what?" Bucky says, leaning against the wall.

"I don't remember, i'll go help Y/N make dinner" i say and before anyone can disagree since my cooking isn't the best. I'm already in the kitchen. "What can i do?"

"You can tell me why you were interrogating Sam to know why i said i was gonna miss it here" you say without turning to meet my gaze. Your in the middle of rushing around the kitchen and throwing things around, but nothing hits the ground.

"You heard that?"

"I hear everything Tasha, if you want to know something you can just ask me" you say and that you actually offer shocks me.

"Will you actually tell me if i ask?"

"Maybe, that depends on how you form the question" you finally turn to face me and there is something in your eyes I can't read. The water is boiling to you turn back and continue cooking ro awhile before i break the silence.

Y/N pov

"Why would you miss it? New York i mean, where are you going?" she finally asks after thinking about how to ask it. How can i answer her without letting her know the whole truth. There is already one to many people who know. Hope that it'll help with humans being bigger than i thought, but i know there is nothing they can do.

"I'm not going anywhere"

"Then why did you say you 're gonna miss it here?"

"Because i am, going to miss it here" i can feel the confused looks on her even though I'm not turned to her.

"I don't get it. If your not going anywhere then why would you miss it?" I can't explain while they are in the other room. "What is it that your not telling me"

"Fuck" i say as i spill boiling water over my leg. I was too busy focusing on Nat that i forgot about the warm water in my hands.

"Baby? are you okay, what happened" Wanda said, coming in with panic in her voice.

"Nothing, i just spilled some hot water" i say, picking up the skillet.

"What happened?" Both Tony and Bucky ask, also coming into the kitchen.

"Nothing, it's fine, just some hot water" i say with such a calm voice everyone just looks at me questionably. So i just say with a laugh "Immortal vampire and all, why do i need to remind you all the time"

"It's not that, it's that" Tony says, pointing to my wrist. It's turning red, like burnmark red. I put on a smile even though it's starting to hurt, really bad. Like burning, like fire.

"It's nothing" i say, putting out the plates in a second. "I'll be back in a minute" i say before i walk, normally out of the kitchen and divert to Nat's room when i notice her following me. Guess it's time for her to know the truth.

"You know, I actually thought I would have more time" i say as she enters her own room.

"Before what?" she asks and i can hear Sam in the background, also coming here.

"Before i..."