Fifty-four. Die?

Cursive - telepathy

Nat pov

"Before i die"

"What do you mean before you die? You're immortal, you can't die" i say all confused to what your saying.

"I can, thanks to a failsafe in the serum. I thought I had burned every file of it but apparently not. There is a man out there who has that file. And this" you say, showing me your burned wrist. "Is just the beginning. "

"We have to do something, there must be something we can do"

"No there isn't, just please don't tell Wanda, i don't want her to panic."

"How long to we have?"

"Promise me you won't tell her"

"How long do we have?"

"I don't know, he'll probably drag it out, a lot. To make me suffer"

"Who is he?"

"I don't know, now promise me you won't tell her"

"I promise, i don't get why but I promise." i say before leaving. You try to say something more but i'm already out of there. I don't really know what to do right now, so instead of returning to the kitchen i go down to the gym again and start punching, just so that i can think of ways to prove you wrong. I can save you, we can save you. We're the most powerful team of superheroes on earth. There must be something we can do.

Two days later, tuesday.

The morning of the big appointment.

Wanda pov

As i enter the kitchen i see Nat stand there, drinking her normal morning caffie.

"Good morning Nat" i say and she notices I've entered the room.

"Morning, i have to go" she say, leaving me alone in the kitchen half past ten in the morning. It's so weird. She's been ignoring me the last two days. Never been alone in the same room as me or even had a normal conversation with me. It's really annoying.

"Ready for today?" Sam asks as he enters the kitchen from behind me. I'm still standing in the entrance between the living room and kitchen. His presence reminds me to move.

"As ready as i can be" i say, making my way and sitting down by the table. It's the day of the procedure. The beginning of us having a child.

"You know once your pregnant you can't drink that much caffeine" he says as I chug down my coffee.

"I'll switch to decaf then. I still need my morning coffee" i say and you come in behind me, with your hands wrapped around my waist.

"There's actually a lot of things you can't do when you're pregnant" he says again, making you sigh. Like you think all the negative things about carrying are gonna make me back out. If nine bad months result in a lifetime of joy it's worth it.

"Write a list instead. We're getting married in six days and we're gonna have a baby so no more negativity" you say, taking the coffee out my hand.

"I will" he says with a laugh.

"Can i have my coffee back?" you let out a soft laugh.

"No, because your not suppose to drink it before" i pout, making you laugh even more."Oh baby, you can have all the coffee in the world when this is over"

"Your lucky i love you, or else i might have thrown you out the window"

"You mean like you did to my brother?"