Seventy-one. In Sam's mind

Sam pov - after the dance

"So?" I ask her as she stands back next to me.

"She was on about some curse over her and Bucky and that she doesn't have much time left"

"What's the catch"

"She gets killed by her natural enemy, a werewolf"

"A werewolf for real?"

"That's what I said, but nothing more" she thinks for a second. Looking over at you before continuing "She just won't budge"

"Why not? We're trying to save her life" why won't you tell us the whole truth.

"It's her freaking wedding Sam, I'll get her to talk first thing tomorrow"

"Fine Nat, do what you have to do. I'll be over by the cake"

"Then go" she says, still kinda staring you down while your talking to Tony. Natasha right, it is your wedding so maybe now is not the best time to push you over an edge. Even if it is to save your life. You're having kids for god's sake, it shouldn't be pushed if you had been honest from the beginning.

Sam pov - after the cave

"I'll ask again, so?" I say right after Nat opened her room door. It's pretty shabby.

"There's still things she's not saying" she lets me in.

"Why?"

"She doesn't trust me, maybe you should talk to her"

"What makes you think she'll talk to me?"

"Your the first one she told about that man at hydra, she trusts you more than me."

"How do you know that?" Like how can she be so sure you don't trust her, you've become great friends I can see that.

"She literally said 'I don't trust you' so"

"And why doesn't she trust you?"

"Because of Wanda, she's like my baby sister, my responsibility. She said I only told myself that I like her because she's with Wanda."

"And is that true?"

"It's apparently the only thing we have in common" this is almost too depressing then what's going on.

"What more did you find out about the curse?" I ask, trying to change the subject since I can sense it's something deep and emotional. Aka not something Natasha Romanoff talks about.

"That she needs to become her enemy to not die"

"Then that's what we'll do"

"It's not that easy, she said that she has a seventy percent chance of surviving the transformation."

"There's still a chance, we can do it"

"But if she survives she still dies" what? I don't understand a thing she says and she can see that I don't since she continues to talk.

"She's known people or rather other beings going through it and they come back and don't remember anything about their old life, not the slightest thing. She would be another person in y/n body"

"But what if we save her memories somehow"

"She said that it is if she survives. There's a line of tests that she needs to pass to even survive and she's not so hopeful about those"