Sixty-eight. Full moon

Wanda pov

"What do you mean it's your husband, isn't he dead?" Tony asks as Bruce continues to fo heath checks on the so-called Daniel.

"In our timeline he is, but somehow he time traveled when he was out looking for me with Steve" you answer, grabbing my hand so that i look you in the eyes. "Everythings gonna be okay"

"Why im i being awakened at five thirty in the morning at a saturday?" Bucky says, freezing at the first step in seeing him on the bed.

"Buck, mind moving so i can come in" Steve says behind him and when he does he just turns to you with a questioning look.

"It's Daniel" you answer his gaze. "Do you remember when he and you went out on a mission to find me, about five months after i left. He said that you got ambushed and he fell and somehow ended up here"

"It was Hydra who was behind the ambush, I thought he got captured or died from the fall"

"He didn't, he apparently fell through a wormhole"

"Because that's not crazy" i mumble and you squish my hand in resurment.

"Fill in Nat and Clint when they come here, i'm gonna talk to him. Tell Nat i found what she was looking for" you say before letting go of my hand and walking up to Daniels bedside. With Bruce there still checking his vitals you take his hand as you talk.

y/n pov - Flashback to early 1943

"Come on, just for the night. We both have to travel different ways tomorrow" i say, slightly pouting as i lean against his shoulder. His soft green eyes meet mine in a sad smile.

"I'm sorry darling, i can't tonight"

"It's a picnic in the moonlight Daniel, come on it's a full moon. It's our last night together for three months"

"We've spent the two whole weeks together y/n, we'll say goodbye after lunch instead.

"Are you afraid of the moon luv?"

"Of course not" he says before mumbling something almost unbearable. "It's what follows I'm afraid of."

He puts a kiss on my temple before walking out of the tent. It's true that we had spent the last two weeks together, all the time we've known each other even. But i already know you love him. I love his way of taking care of me, treating me as a queen. Giving Steve your new nickname, queenie. I love how his emerald green eyes shine in the sun, how his warm brown hair blends with his sun kissed skin.

But he comes back into the tent, grabbing my face with his hands. Pulling his lips hard against mine, mumbling something in my lips. I pull away to catch my breath and to actually be able to hear what he's saying.

"Marry me" he mumbles again, making me jerk up from the resting position against his forehead.

"What?"

"Marry me" he pulls out a ring of iron, it's not a real ring but something from his armor. I've had cleaned enough armors to know where it came from.

"That't a part of your armor luv"

"I don't care, marry me" a silence lies in the tent before i dare to meet his gaze to answer him.

"Yes, of course i'll marry you" he drags me into yet another kiss.

"I'll marry you the second i come back from my mission"

end of flashback

Wanda pov

"That's impossible right?" Clint says right after I explained what happened.

"I've learned that with y/n nothing is impossible" Nat comments and it makes me wonder even more about what you do with her.

"And also, y/n wanted me to say that she found that thing you're looking for. She didn't say what it was" i say and Nat's gaze goes quickly to you who meets them as you're not sitting on the side of his bed that you have your back towards us.

"Yeah, thank's. I'll be right back and tell Sam to come to us when he comes" that she asks for Sam, which surprises me more than I thought, is not what i expected her to say. But before i can ask her she's on her way over to you.

"What is with those two?" Clint asks as we both follow them with our gaze.

"I honestly don't know, but i would like to find out."

Nat pov

"Hi, i'm Natasha Romanoff, could you tell me more about yourself and what happened?" i say, sitting down on a stool opposite of you. With my back against the others.

"My name is Daniel Thomas Bennet ma'am, i am a part of the 107th ma'am" he takes a breath before continuing. At least he has some manners. "I was out looking for my wife with captain Rogers when we got ambushed and i fell from a cliff and was about to hit a river i landed on the roof of this building ma'am"

"Thanks, that's enough for now. " i turn to you. "May i speak to you, in private"

"Sure, i'll be right back" i take you to the corner of the medbay since we can't really get past everyone out and not get any questions. We'd have to lie even more.

"Wanda said you found something, what is it"

"Him"

"That's it, he's your husband" i say in a matter of factly.

"No not that, him, he's a mutant"

"You married the thing that could kill you?"

"Of course not, i didn't know that then and he wasn't my enemy when i married him"

"Alright, you have a wife and a pair of twins on the way, you have to deal with this, him. Or i will"

"I'm not going to kill him Natasha, we can use him to save me. Thats what you wanted right"

"Right, but we need to keep him looked up in the meantime y/n. We have no idea how hes here or why"

"Your right about that, and he isn't exactly the most open minded either"

"How'd you know?"

"He tried to slap me when i said 'she' is my 'wife', so i think that's a big give away" you say sarcastically and i roll my eyes.

"How do we even know that is the same Daniel as you married? Like how can you tell"

"Except for his looks and the ring on his finger and his story i don't know, either it's a Hydra clone like they did to me or i pissed of some real powerful fate goddesses"