Prologue

"Finally free!", I exclaimed on my way to my house. Sorry for not introducing myself, my name is Ashwin Yadav, a typical middle schooler, or an eighth grader to be precise. I am an Otaku, who loves all sorts of anime, manga, manhwa, and light novels. But sadly enough, none of my classmates are interested and call them cartoon, and that seriously pisses me off. Well, not that they bad, they just tease me alot. But all of us are buddies in class

       If you ask me my favorites, I would say naruto for anime, my hero and boruto (only manga) for manga, The beginning after the end for manhwa and in light novel, it would be The Versatile Mage. That's my favorite so far, with a badass mc who can be classified into most genre of protagonists, yet won't be completely typical.

    It's the story about a guy named MoFan who traverse to alternate reality where the concept of science is replaced with magic. He needs to work hard to improve his life as a poor to become the strongest mage with his own unique talent- where an ordinary person only awakens, he can awaken two, making his a Versatile mage.

      Well, that's not important now is it. The thing, today is the day, the next chapter of Versatile mage releases after Dingchen arc. I can't wait, what would happen next. Mo Fan is frigging hilarious. Well, let's not carried away, shall we.

     So, as I was saying, I am on my way home. O I can't wait for it. I arrive at my house. It's  nothing fancy, a simple middle class house, with two floors, but quiet a distance from the bustling town of ahmedabad. Its a peaceful environment, since my grandpa isn't a fan of noise.

     Honestly, grandpa, Mahesvar Yadav, has always been mysterious. I only met him three years ago. Crazy right? Even more so, is that he was missing for over twelve years. And when he came back 3 years ago, was first time I saw my mother cry. You heard me. I was 11 back then, and I those eleven years, I never seen her cry.

      She was always been the backbone of our family. I never seen my father, and my mother, Seema Yadav, was the one to take care of me and my sister, Ananya Yadav. A strong, independent women, that was my mother, in humble terms. The most badass mother, if I were to brag. Because, she is willing to defend us against anyone as long as she believes we are not wrong. But the bottom line is we don't lie to her if we made a mistake. She said this is the principle gramps taught her. If I were to weeb out now, I would say, my gramps is would be some great figure in another world now leading a simple life.

    I enter the house, and it was dead silent. Don't get any wierd ideas, it's because mom is still at work, and my sister got tuitions. As for gramps, he's probably in his room meditating. Best not to disturb him. I should get to my room.

    I was about to walk up the stairs, when, "Ashwin, can I have a word with you?", my grandpa called from behind and I have no idea how he got there so silently. I turned around and faced him. My grandpa wasn't particularly tall or stern and is very humble, but he has this feeling of  nothing could faze him. He's like someone who looks down on the world. Well, thats probably my weeb side taking over. "Sure grandpa", replied. As much as I would love to read, grandpa taking the initiative to have serious talk like this is isn't usual, if at all. So I'll just put it on hold.

     I followed him to his room. His room was really neat and tidy. He walked up to the bed, where his precious black sword was kept. I don't know how it looks when drawn from the sheath, but I could tell it was a single handed long sword, a bit on the thin side. Grandpa never really spoke of it. He just said it was a family heirloom from is old house in the country side. We just left it at that, elders have their beliefs right.

      He sat on the bed, " what are on your thoughts on God's and ithihasas?". Okay, I was not expecting such a question. Well let's just speak my mind, "I know the stories and all, but believing it is tough. How can I trust something completely when I don't know the origin".

     "Oh, are you implying that you don't trust me?", grandpa raised an eyebrow. "That doesn't count. As far as I'm concerned, your identity is through Ma(mom), so I'll consider that as an origin. But as for God, not that I don't believe in God, but I don't understand God, since we have no idea about the origin", I shrugged, "Gramps, beating around the blushes isn't helping anyone". Seriously, the one time asks for a serious conversation and then goes on about this nonsense, that's not like him.

    "You're right. Well then, let's cut to the chase. What if I were to tell you, God's are former humans,who were able to attain that feat of Godhood through training", he spoke again. But as earlier, it didn't make much sense. "Well, then all those tales about God created the world and all would be pointless. But that's not the issue here, right?", I replied, "even if we neglect that, if such a feat were really possible, why isn't it happening now. Honestly, the way you speak is as if it's from a novel", I laughed.

    "Oh really, which novel is that?", he asked curiously. " Getting off track grandpa", I reminded him. Guess he's no different from normal old men huh. Me and my fantasies. "Oh right, sorry. So, what you said is true but what if that's not how the tales were written? What if people, even today were able to reach that feat? Wouldn't that make all those legends and myths true", the way he spoke, his eyes were sparkling, as if he was talking about some great discovery, its ....

     Actually bringing out my Otaku side. I mean, all anime and comics talk about the myths and legends of other countries, which got me so curious, so when when my grandpa is talking about my own country, wouldn't I be curious too. But I kept my composure and simply nodded.

     "So that would also mean, the mythical weapons isn't actually a myth. So that brings us here", he said as he pointed to the sword by his side. It took me a moment to get what he meant. I thought he was joking and so simply stared at him, he didn't flinch.

     Holy crap he's serious! My grandpa is a complete chunnibyou!