Absolutely Cheating

The issue resolved with Ashwin free of all charges and the other five getting a week long suspension for unauthorized use of magic on school ground and for damaging school property. All of them were asked to take a half day leave and sent back home.

All the while,.Seema never said a word and this was really giving Ashwin an uneasy feeling. Even after they returned home, all she said was, she will talk in the afternoon, since she had to go back to work.

"I am getting a bad feeling for some reason ", he spoke to no one in particular. He took a nap and is now sitting on the sofa, waiting for his mom to return.

"Why is that..?", Asi asked.

"No idea"

*Ring*

His phone rang. It turned out to be the culprit of all the problem!

"Hello?", Akansha's voice was heard.

"Hello Ms. Vixen", Ashwin teased.

"Don't call me that!"

"Oh I will. It's a good nickname for you. Or should keep calling you Ice princess?"

"I am hanging up..."

"Alright, alright, I will stop. So, why did you call? That's quite unlike you", Ashwin asked.

"I just wanted to ask, do you need any help? Because, I don't think the Kashyap family would simply let it go", Akansha asked. Ashwin could feel that she is worried.

'At least, she is not as indifferent as Mu Ningxue from the Novel', Ashwin thought. "Don't worry. I doubt they will do something carelessly. And if they do, I am sure I can manage"

"Alright. Bye then", and like that, Akansha hung up.

"That was within my expectations ", Ashwin sighed.

"Who might that be, Ashwin?", a voice came from behind, startling Ashwin a bit but he didn't lose his composure.

"Oh, it's a classmate from school. And how was work?"

"Before that, you got some explaining to do mister", Seema said in a stern tone.

Ashwin nodded, and sat by the dining table, facing his mother. He already saw this coming so it wasn't a big deal. But just as he was about to speak, a walking disaster crashed through the door, ringing the siren of calamity,

"Bro, did you got into a fight over a girl?!", said the calamity, aka his sister as she rushed to the dining hall.

Silence...

It was pin drop silence for a moment, as everyone needed a moment to process what on earth was going on.

Mrs. Yadav was also dumbstruck. She didn't know how to respond. It was awkward for Ashwin as well.

"Don't go around spreading misinformation!", Ashwin spoke, smacking his sisters head with a karate chop. "That was them trying to pick a fight with me"

"Over a girl?", his sister and mother spoke in unison.

"...yes, over a girl", Ashwin admitted. "But not the way you think"

"Then how is it?", Seema narrowed her eyes in suspicion.

"It's coz I am friends with a girl named Akansha and and no one dares to approach her. So, those idiots were jealous. Case closed"

"Hold up. By Akansha, do you mean Akansha Goenka, the rank 1?!", Ananya exclaimed. 'God, can't she shut her mouth' was what Ashwin thought at that moment.

"Yes, the number one, the ice princess, from the prestigious Goenka family, Akansha Goenka! Happy?"

"How did you become friends with her Ashwin?", Seema intervened, as she knew these two were about to be at each other's throat.