Vol2: Prologue

A boy watched down at the city, his mind filled with aspirations for the beginning of the semester. Being an intermediate mage, getting admitted into one of the most famous colleges wasn't a problem for him. Especially when he got the recommendation as an intermediate hunter.

*Tap*

*Tap*

*Tap*

He heard unfamiliar footsteps coming from the door.

*Knock*

They knocked on the door.

The boy walked towards the door, and looked through the peek hole.

One guy he was unfamiliar with was standing with his back towards towards the door.

He opened the door, "who are you?"

" Surprise, partner", a fist suddenly appeared in his view and

*bam*

Landed straight on his cheek, making him take a few steps back.

For a moment, the boy couldn't comprehend what just happened.

'... Wait, partner...?'

"Did you really have to punch him that hard?"

" He's a mage, he can take it"

Suddenly, another punch came his way, but this time, the boy jumped back.

"That's some hello you got there, Ashwin", the boy said with a grin, ignoring the sting he felt from the punch.

"You got some nerve grinning at me like that after ignoring my calls, Karan", Ashwin said and threw another fist.

But this time, Karan easy evaded it and delivered a punch of his own, to Ashwin's gut.

But it didn't have the effect he predicted for Ashwin showed no reaction to it.

"You gotta do better than that", Ashwin grinned.

"oh really?"

This time, Karan kicked Ashwin's shin as hard as he could, but again it had no effect.

"Magic equipment?", Karan said, surprised.

But Ashwin completely ignored him and yelled, "Raghav , hold him!"

Right on cue, the a breeze blew within the room, and the next instant, Karan found himself bound from behind.

"Sorry dude", the guy behind him apologized.

"Now how many calls was it?", Ashwin asked.

"5?"

"20!", Ashwin corrected Karan and punched him in t be gut.

"That hurts!", Karan yelled.

"A Bro should always pick up when another Bro calls. If unable to, an explanation should be delivered within one hour. Failure to do so, he must take as many punches as the missed calls left on the phone

"Your words, not mine", Ashwin recited those words and proceeded with a punch to Karan's face.

But Karan successfully evaded, and punch landed on Raghav's face.

"OOOUUUUCH! WHAT WAS THAT FOR?! "

"Sorry dude", Ashwin apologised.

"Then what about all these 47 missed I left on your phone 3 years ago?", Karan accused.

"I didn't have proper network!", Ashwin yelled and punched again.

This time, Karan stepped on Raghav's foot, making him lose his balance and twisted his body.