The Guardian

Interior of the palace was silent. It was obviously did not have much guests in a long long time. But despite that, the palace was still beatiful. The every pillar, every corner was shimmering brightly. Their were occasional dust and spider webs here and there, but it wasn't enough to dampen it's beauty. The floor was made of white crystals. The pillars were of gold with silver flower designs. The ceiling was filled with a beautiful painting of peacock feathers. Each color were so vibrant, that anyone who glanced at it, who spend a moment or two to enjoy its beauty, forgetting everything else.

The walls were adorned by painting frames. Each of different aspects. Some of heroes who stood Victorious over their enemies, some some of Gods vanquishing the evil, while the others were of a man with a peacock feather decorating his head, playing a flute.

Heck, in one of the chambers, the entire wall was painted with same man, but with a golden crown over his head, with a peacock feather, playing his flute. Surrounding him were the many beautiful women, dancing around him. The big chamber, that needed 26 pillars surrounding it for support, was still entirely filled with the number of women. If one were to count, it would be 108 (I know some may say there should be more, but this is according to Gita. So deal with it 😋).

The said chamber was had ventilation, ingeniously design in such a way that their was always air flow within the chamber. But more importantly, as the wind passes through the columns of ventilations, it produced a melodious sound that mimics the sound of flute. This melody and the painting on the walls gave whoever stood within this chamber the feeling of actually being present in an enchanting showcase of music and dance.

But Ashwin couldn't afford to take a moment to enjoy this marvel. He had a feeling that something was calling him and he finally got to this chamber. At the opposite end of from where he entered was another giant door. And standing in front of it was one man. Or once a man, but now a skeleton, covered in worn out clothing that may get torn off with the slightest force. But despite this, the man was still standing. Even though he was now turned to a pile of bones, he was standing straight, as if too prideful to lower himself. His boney hands were put forward in such a way that it looked like he used to hold a sword or something that was stabbed to the ground.

Ashwin slowly moved forward, slowly. Something about this skeleton was keeping him on edge. But eventually, he reached the guardian of the door. He looked at it, stater it down. Making sure it didn't suddenly move and punch him with its boney fist. As it turns out, it didn't.

But, it's eye socket crackled with bluish silver lightning. It was so sudden, as if the skeleton has opened it's eyes! Ashwin quickly jumped back, and took stance with the sword he found in one of the chambers.

The lightning spread throughout the skeleton, and formed what looked like an illusory skin. It even formed a face but too bright for Ashwin to make out. The lighting finally focused on the ams of the skeleton and reformed itself into , what looked like, a spear. The entire room started filling up with tendrils of tightning. Ashwin felt his body going numb.

"Domain!"

Ashwin quickly covered himself with his own lightning. He launched forward, despite being suppressed by the opponent's domain. The lighting covered up his sword as he slashed the opponent. But before he could make contact, he was launched back by the hit from the spear. Ashwin gasped for air as he felt his internal organs were shaken. He looked at his attacker who, like a ghost, separated himself from the skeleton. It was now a ghostly body made purely of lightning.

Ashwin could only glance for a second or two, before the figure vanished. All of his instincts were screaming at him, telling Ashwin to move. As he did, he barely managed to avoid a blow right to the head.