What went Wrong?!

'What in the world is going on?!'

'Why is a girl leaning in so close towards me?'

'Why can't I move?!'

'Wait, is that Akansha? What is she doing?!'

   With confusion filling his mind, pain and exhaustion all over his paralyzed and burned body, Ashwin laid on the lap of a beautiful girl, who's face was still not clear enough to see, since his vision was blurred.

'What in the world went wrong?!'

...

A few hours earlier

  It's been three days, since the internship began. The crew seemed to be unusually in a rush since yesterday.

'Can't blame them though. After the report yesterday'

  After the analysis of the beacons, an anomaly was detected. A moment of Sea monsters were detected about a mile from the beacons. The type is not clear, but they were definitely moving in groups.

   And so, the inspections were rushed. Everyone has been on edge. This was because, even if the Sea monsters were outside of the safe zone, it was still within the border. If they are allowed any closer, it would lead to another disaster. Especially for a country like India, that had water covering its three sides.

   Today too, the atmosphere was tense. Akansha and other divers dived in. She was accompanying three other diverse, one who would be setting up the beacon, while the other two were in for lookout.

"Ms. Goenka, are you sure you are okay being down here? I mean, the situation is quite serious ", one of Lookout, a woman asked. They were communicating via microphone, while being on separate globes of water barrier. The barrier didn't help much with mobility, but it could allow the user to have a better air space and also defend against an average warrior rank beasts.

"It's a good learning experience", Akansha finished the conversation with that one sentence.

"So, what's the story with the Yadav boy? Are you classmates?", she did not seem to give up.

"We are"

"And yet, you guys are hardly seen talking", she continued," actually, you guys never talk at all. Don't you guys wanna be friends?"

"I would rather cultivate than make friends ", Akansha dismissed that idea.

"You should be enjoying your youth, making friends an-"

*Crunch*

  The women couldn't finish her words. Heck she didn't even know what happened. Even Akansha took a while to register what had happened. All she saw was a razor spark teeth appearing out of nowhere, behind the woman, biting threw her barrier with no effort, and then her body. Blood mixed with the water, dying the area in red.

...

  "All arms on deck!", the captain yelled. He no longer had his easygoing attitude. His demeanor changed drastically. But how couldn't he, after seeing what popped out of the water.

  Sea monsters appeared out of nowhere, completely undetected by the SONAR. No movements were detected.

"Demonic sharks and even the warrior rank Razor fin Sharks are present?", Ashwin blurted out.

These were Sea monsters that were known for there unusually strong jaw strength and swift movement in water. Their tails were broader giving them grea speed. Their head were tough and curved like a bullet, perfect for head butt. And when they evolve as a warrior rank Razor fin, their size increases with 75% of their usual 80m long body. Their skin is tougher, while their fins mutate to be sharper. The fins are not only deadly, but also increases their mobility.