Ch 5

After joining the hunter squad, I had a steady income. It wasn't too high, since it only included for patrols, but during fights against demon beast, unusually the cyclopse rats, I get larger pray, and soul fragments from the corpse. But Asi isn't as efficient I'm refining them into soul essence as little loach, so I it took a while for me to level up my vanishing shadow to level four. Since the wasn't anything unusual going on, I guess the Black Vatican doesn't have an eye on the sastras yet.

And like that, spring came, and so did the start of my high-school days. Now, I March towards my new high-school, the top academy in all Gujarat, The Ahmedabad Magic Academy. As I was walking, I asked Asi, "hey sword, is there any other divine weapons in Ahmedabad, or Gujarat ".

"I so sense one, but I can't pinpointed the location yet"

I really need to find where it is. As long as I can bond with it, no one would be able to use it. And since it is not uncommon for magicians to use weapons, as long as I don't reveal the true power, which I can't use by the way, no one would suspect. And I so finally arrived.
.
.
.
After the orientation ceremony, where the principal talked about the history of magic, and the mages responsibilities, we all went to our classes. All classes are divided into four division. I was placed in class 1d. The first year classes start with equal footing, where each class get the same resources, and treated equally. But from the start of the second year, the school pulls the Classroom of the Elite card on us. Put it simply, students are placed in classroom according to their performance, starting from the elite class- A class, B class, C class and finally, D class. The resources distribution is also done accordingly. Although the D class also recieve great resources, it is incomparable to the resources given to A class, and thats my target.

I entered my class and sat on the backseat. I found no one I could recognize. The teacher came in with a crystal ball, I guess it is the awakening sphere. "Alright class, I'm Mr Raghu Prasad, your Class teacher. I'm also a light mage. As we all know, a mage is responsibility for the safety of citizens from the harms that threatens humanity. And as aspiring mages yourself, I ask all of you to work hard. If you are looking for an easy way, then I remind you, you've come to the wrong place. Here, it is a race to the top. If you slow down, others would be more than willing to leave you far behind. Remember it", his calm and pleasant tone at the beginning of the speech turned to stern, and a bit cold, but the end, tensing up the whole class. That escalated quickly.

"With that, let's begin with the awakening, shall we", he spoke as he pointed at the sphere. Names were called, which I didn't bother listening too much since I was more interested in the elements. Out of the twenty students in class, three awakened fire element, which was great since it is rare, six wind element, five earth elements, six water element, and the lastly one ice element. It was a girl named Akansha Goenka, the top student at the entrance exam, and what I have heard, the daughter of the Goenka clan head. I still can't wrap my head around this clan business. In my world, there were rich families, but they never been this big and organized to call clans.

And finally, my name was called, "Ashwin Yadav, rank 80". Every stared at me, mostly due to my Lowest ranking. I could see some even wear disgusted faces. It was actually a bit overwhelming for me. The middleschool environment was really pleasant, we're everyone been good to each other, regardless of the academics and such. But here, I felt like they were treating me like trash. Some even didn't bother looking at me. I guess that's how MoFan felt like too.

I will ignore them too. I don't need to worry about what they think. If anything, I could consider them below me too. So what if they rank high, what if they are of rich background, I am a mage already, who could breakthrough to mid tier anytime. I have the potential to reach forbidden curse tier. I'm also student of a half-step forbidden mage, and the grandson of a half step God. Why should I even bother with them.

I walked up with steadily. I could hear some whispering and some even calling me trash. I never bothered. I went up to the awakening sphere and placed my hand on it. I didn't give an ear to the teacher since I already know how to enter my spiritual consciousness.

I entered the spiritual consciousness, where the white orb, connecting the pure eye, was revolving. I looked around for a my element. At first I couldn't find anything. I wasn't frustrated though, even my mother was a mage, so why wouldn't I be. I kept focusing. And finally I saw it. The starcluster, my very own star cluster. It was rather big too. And colour was the one I was looking forward to. Purple. That's right baby, it's the rarest of all elements, lightning element!

I opened my eyes and saw the orb glowing bright purple. The whole class stared at me dumbfound. Even the teacher was no exception. "Can I go now", I asked him, who nodded in daze. I walked up to my seat, ignoring the gaze of the whole class and sat down indifferently.
.
.
.
.
after a whole day of stare from my fellow classmates, I went home to my mom. "Mom, I had my awakening ", I said in an excited tone. Even though I was bummed about the class, who wouldn't feel great about Bragging to ones family about the element you awaken. "Oh, what element did you awaken", mom asked. "Don't tell me it's light element brother. I can't tell my Friends that my brother has light or water element", my sister stormed out of the room, she looked even more concerned about my element than I was during the awakening. Girl, you're forgetting who's element this is.

"What's wrong with light element. You're forgetting the fact that after mid tier, light element has one of the best defense. And in super tier, it might even be the most dangerous attack. As for water element, in a marine field, water element is the best. The biggest threat are the sea monsters and a water mage has the best chance against it since they can last longer by using the water from their surroundings", I explained. Even though I am not a fan of these elements, I gotta admit, they are tough. It's just the initial setback. "I don't need your lecture. Just tell your element already", she yelled.

"I awakened light...", as I paused, her face dropped.

"...ning", I finished. Both my mom and sis took a sec to register what they heard and their faces changed. My sister jumped and hugged me. "Wow big broo! That is so great! I can't wait to tell all my friends that not only my brother goes to the top academy, but is also a lighting mage!", she said. I flicked her forehead.

"Aaoww! What was that for?!", she yelled at me. Sheesh, I guessing she would awaken fire element if personality also plays a part. "Brag to your friends after you awaken your own element. Don't show off around on my name!", I said. "Oh, that's what brothers are for y'know!", she replied. This brat!!

"Now, now, settle down. And I'm proud of you son. But how you progress depends on your hardwork", my mom said and I nodded. Now all that's left is to cultivate.