Running towards Death!

"So, here's the plan", raghav took out his laptop.

They didn't interfere with the rest of the six hunters who were trying to find a way inside the thunderstorm, as they already found out that there are soul grade seeds inside. Many lightning and water mages tried their best, but got zapped before they could actually enter the storm, despite being mid tiers. Now all they could do was, return back, and pass the info.

The boat and already turned back and set sail back to land. But then, after they were a mile away, someone finally raised a question...

"Hey, where are those two in hood?"

......

Which crew on the boat were completely clueless as where they were, Raghav was simply sitting on a gigantic rock, facing the thunderstorm. He was glancing at his laptop.

They had already sneaked away from the crew, while they were busy with their discussion.

"Ashwin, that's it, put the last one there", he instructed Ashwin, who was running around the perimeter, setting up those shielding devices.

The plan was that, they would place those three shield devices in such a way that, it is able to push the lighting to the exact opposite end of where Raghav was. This would provide them with q small window for which they would have to make a run.

"Just who are you man? I have never seen anyone use lightning as a source of speed in my life. How are you doing that?", Raghav couldn't help but ask, just as Ashwin returned.
"What is it called, godspeed?"

"No, it's called lightning steps. It's not fast enough to be called Godspeed", Ashwin replied.

"The name sucks. But how is your body holding on though. I mean, I know a mages body is tougher than normal people, but all those movements should still tear down your muscles", Raghav Asked.

By this time, Ashwin was already back. He finished a lap around the perimeter of a storm of radius approximately 5km within just 10 minutes. This was a speed a mid tier could achieve with wind magic but Ashwin was able to achieve such a feat was still shocking.

"You know what, forget I even asked. You are a complete irregular, and I don't want my mind to go haywire hearing your explanation", Raghav dismissed his own question. He already noticed Ashwin was extremely fast despite being a basic lightning mage. Both his level and element was not suitable for this yet he did it. Raghav could guess this was a big secret for Ashwin since he doesn't even use it during School.

"I might tell you, but just not yet ", Ashwin patted his friend's shoulder and took a glance at the laptop. It displayed a timer that was counting down 10 minutes. This was the time required for the array to finally charge up.

Ashwin had experienced the exact condition Raghav said before. Despite his trained physique the constant strain on his muscles usually cause them to tear up a lot. This was limited by limiting his speed yet it was still to painful to experience.

The worst he felt was during the first time he actually drew out the power stored within Asi, during the internship. It completely tore his muscles preventing any movement. The only reason he didn't bleed out was cause Asi still limited the power output. And the elixir he got from Akansha was able to mend his body rather quickly. But even so, the pain from that day still lingered.

But it only lasted until he got the skill of 'Passive Healing ' after his breakthrough. Even though the mana consumption was high and the efficiency was low, it still enabled him to achieve greater speeds.

"I still think you should call your magic as Godspeed ", Raghav said

"Maybe after I reach advance rank", Ashwin agreed. After all, he himself knew that 'Lightning Step' wasn't a nice name. "But why do you always try to bring out references from everything I do?"

"Not everything. I mean, I only did this now, right?"

"Then what about the million times you did in class?! Ever since the orientation ceremony, you have been doing this despite where we are!"

"What's wrong with? Is it because I am ruining your cold, edgy persona at school?", Raghav smirked.

Ashwin was speechless at this remark. He wanted to refute but for some reason he couldn't find the words to. It was as if, a part of him agreed with what Raghav said.

"Even that black outfit and sword is screaming 'Sword Art online'", Raghav did not bother stopping

"So you're saying you can figure out the references of whatever I say?", Ashwin asked. His tone and eyes were screaming 'I challenge you!'

"Challenge excepted"

"Let's start easy then- sate sate sa~te"

"Seriously? It's Seven deadly sins"

"Next one, 'doing you think killing me is enough to make me die?' "

"Misfit of demon king academy. Dude, if this is all you got then you've lost"

"Then I'll take a potato chip, and eat it", Ashwin said flatly.

"Death note. Dude were you trying to sneak attack there or something? Cause that wasn't very good"

"Za warudo"

"Jojo reference. The classic

"If you die, I'll kill you"

"Although it's been used in lot of anime, I'd say "Black clover" "

"Bitch, Bitchier, bitchiest"

"Going to the underrated once now, are we? "Oresuki". You should try harder. "Gambare, gambare "

"Jujutsu kaisen huh. Next is.."

"Grr..", Ashwin was getting rather annoyed, not because of his friend's speedy answers, but because he wasn't able to come up with better references!

As someone who considers himself as a major weeb despite not being able to dedicate adequate time for last 4 years, it became a matter of pride for him. And when pride pride clouded his mind, his tongue betrayed him.

"Dress-break"

"Highschool dxd, I see you're a man of culture as well"

Ashwin quickly regretted his words right after they came outta his mouth. And the sly grin plastered all over Raghav's face did not make it any better. All he could do face facepalm.

But then, he spoke, "dry land is not a myth. I've seen it!"

"Ah, getting tricky are we? While that line is famously attributed to the 1995 film Waterworld, it is never actually spoken in the movie."

"Hot damn, you're the real deal". Ashwin finally raised his hand in defeat.

He actually thought he had this in the bag with his last reference but who knew this guy before him has already watched SAO-ABRIDGED?!

Raghav was about to speak up, but he was interrupted the violent thunder bolts that started to arc away to two different direction, opening up a narrow path.

"Alright mate, let's run towards our death", Ashwin balled up his fist and raised it towards Raghav while facing the violent bluish silver