Ch.7

After a short rest, me and my sister went to the Police Station, after I remembered how stupid it is to go to the Hunter squad for help. They are meant to deal with monsters, and not with stalking and kidnapping.

"So, you are saying that three suspicion individuals followed you?", the inspector asked and the constable beside him recorded them down.

"Yes officer", Ananya replied, she sounded a bit shaken.

"How did you manage to escape", he police officer asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I managed to get there when she called. She stayed on the busy street so that they don't do anything. And after I met up with her, we walked and lost them in the crowd", I replied. He nodded in understanding

"That was a wise move kid. Or else you would be the next person whose name would fall on the recent missing case victims ", the policeman let out a sigh.

"You mean there are more?", I asked in shock.

"Don't you watch the news? There are missing cases throughout Ahmedabad, Vadodara and Surat. It's giving us officers a major head ache ", the officer said as he rubbed his temples in frustration. But this is unsettling and giving me a bad feeling.

"Can't the police ask the hunters for help? ", I enquired.

"Do you think we are incompetent? Our higher-ups have mobilizing every possible personel but can't get results ", he said. "So, for now, don't go out at night ".

With that, we walked out of the Station.

"Your curfew is now 6pm. If you are late or need to go out, inform me first", I told her as we walked. Luckily, she didn't throw a tantrum,but was really silent.

"Hey, why the long face? Don't worry too much. We just need to be more careful", I said as I patted her head.

"But do you think they would come again. Maybe the cases will increase?",she asked, as she clung to my arm. I would feel that she was trembling

"Don't worry, I am sure it wouldn't be anything serious ", or so I said. But it's obviously serious. Worst case scenario, it's done by them, Black Vatican.
.
.
.

Just as I expected, the Hunter squad was asked to extend their patrol. Although the numbers aren't too high, the missing cases are still there. Over the last six months, the number of cases I'd two hundred teenage girls in Ahmedabad alone.

The Government sent out curfew orders, prohibiting overtime in part-time jobs and schools.

"What do you think is going on? ", the man, or my principal, Mr. Rakesh Gupta asked me. He called me today to ask about my classes as the next day is gonna be my exam.

"I don't think it's as simple as mere kidnapping. If anything, we must look out for the worst possible scenario ", I replied

"Why makes you say that?"

"The fall of Bo City in China ", I said. Tha had some reaction from the principal, "continue"

"I did some research on that incident. It's given that the incident was a plan laid out for over two long years by the red cardinal, Salan. It's clues were out in the open, the sudden rampage of mutated demon beasts, the water level drop, etc. But no one could connect the dots until it was too late.

"There target is said to be the underwater spring, which is now missing, but luckily, did not fall into the Black Vatican's hands.

"They used some kind of drug and mixed it with the rain, causing the mutation of the demon beasts, which took everyone by surprise. All these, resulted in the tragedy", I finished.