Panic Attack ~ Wanda x Nat

Request: Marion_Bdd
Warnings: panic attack

----- Wanda's pov -----

We are currently at another hydra base to retrieve intel. It was a surprise attack so we didn't bring Thor or Bruce, but when we arrived they were ready for us. I'm currently fighting off the last of the men at the east side of the building.

"Wanda I need backup on the south end of the building!" Steve yelled through the comms. I finish off the last hydra guard, "copy that, I'm on my way." I reply before flying over to Steve. When I get there I see about 100 men charging at Steve. I'm a little worried about this, even with my powers that's still a lot for just the two of us. I've never fought these men people at once before.

Steve and I run toward the army and begin taking the out. I fly a couple in the air at a time and fling them away but this is still taking a long time, it's also tiring me out a little. Suddenly I hear branches being broken behind me, I turn around and there are 10 hydra soldiers with guns pointed at me. The sight causes me to freeze in fear and that gives some of the hydra soldiers behind me, enough time to grab me. They punch me in the stomach making me groan. The 2 men begin to drag me away, I don't know what to do. I feel paralyzed with fear. Steve knocks them out from behind and tries to help me up but I flinch at his touch. The two of us take cover behind the tree and I can feel my breathe picking up speed. Steve throws his shield, knocking out most of the agents but there are still more coming. "Romanoff I need back up! Now!" Steve says in an serious tone to make sure she knows that it's urgent.

Steve then turns back to me and tries to calm me down. I start to feel lightheaded, I'm try taking deep breaths but it's like no air is reaching my lungs. "Hey. Wanda you're okay, just calm down." Steve says which only makes me freak out more because I can't calm myself down. He continues to say the wrong thing only making me panic more. "Romanoff I need help over here." Steve says. "Stay here" he says in a softer tone before turning to run out into the fight. I'm still trying to grasp air, everything starts spinning and I feel like I'm about to pass out. What's happening.

----- Natasha's pov -----

Steve ran over to me and told me that Wanda might be having a panic attack. I instantly run over to her leaving the hydra soldiers to Steve. When I got to Wanda she looked as if she was falling apart. She was breathing rapidly and her whole body was shaking.

I carefully step towards her and kneel down so I'm right in front of her. "Wanda, look at me. Look into my eyes okay? Focus on me." I say in a soft tone as to not make her panic more. She looks into my eyes. "I-I can't. I can't breathe" she manages to get out in between pants. I slowly reach out and take her shaking hands in mines. "Copy my breathes okay? Can you do that?" she nods. Inhale... exhale... inhale... exhale. She continued to copy me for a couple of minutes until she managed to slow her breathing. She looked a little better, like she wasn't going to pass out anymore. But she was still really shaken up about it. Once she calmed down more I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her into a hug. "Thank you." she whispers. "Of course, I'm always here for you Wanda" I say back and when I pull away from the hug, she gives me a half smile. "Guys we got it. Barton have the quinjet ready." Tony says through his comm. Wanda and I stand up and she grabs my hand. We make our way to the team and board the quinjet.

The whole ride back, Wanda never once let go of my hand. We make it back to the compound and I walk her to her room, she looks exhausted. I tuck her into bed and turn to leave, but she grabs my hand. "No, can you please stay Nat?" she says with puppy dog eyes. How can I say no to that face? I nod. I get into bed next to her and pull her close. She wraps her arms around my torso and I pull her head to my chest. She is still shaking a bit so I trace circles on her back. After a few minutes she is completely still, telling me she fell asleep. At that I smile and drift off to sleep too.

A/N
I hope I did okay with this chapter. It's kind of short but it's cute.

Sorry if I didn't get something right, I don't really know what happens during a panic attack. I got my knowledge from movies and tv shows.